William Reid Stakes tips and betting strategy are online now. Preview, speed map, race analysis, racing tips & betting strategy for the William Reid Stakes at The Valley with Dean Evans of Winning Edge Investments. William Reid tips and full in-depth preview and analysis of each race and betting strategy are online now! Only on the Betfair Hub.
WILLIAM REID STAKES
Track: The Valley | Distance: 1200m | Type: G1 WFA | Rail Position: True | Condition: Good 4 | Prizemoney: $1,000,000
Weather looks fine so should be racing on a good surface.
G1 race won in recent years by Masked Crusader, Sunlight, Lucky Hussler, Sprit Of Boom & the incomparable Black Caviar.
Historical Profiling (last 10 years):
- 1st up (1), 2nd up (2), 3rd up (6), 4th up (1)
- 13-day break (6), 26-34-day break (3), 139-day break (1)
SPEED MAP RACING TIPS
Fast speed expected with Marabi, Kemalpasa, Jonker, Snapper & The Astrologist all pushing forward.
Generation, General Beau, Electric Girl & Marine One settle forward of midfield. Zouzarella, Standout & September Run settle back of midfield. Trekking, The Inferno & Halvorsen will be out the back.
WILLIAM REID STAKES | KEY RUNNERS + RACING TIPS
1. Trekking – Last 3 starts at this track have yielded 3 G1 placings. Cannot discount here.
2. The Inferno – Clipped heels first up in The Lightning in a forgive run. Ran 2nd here narrowly beaten in the Moir last prep.
8. September Run – Ran a close 3rd in the Newmarket. Has raced solidly without luck at this track.
9. Marabi – Has had 7 starts for 7 wins including a last start G1 Oakleight Plate win. Keeps taking then next step.
5. The Astrologist – Ran 2nd in the Newmarket last start. Moonee Valley a query.
Marabi the one to beat but a poison price.
There is some value betting around her on proven G1 class sprinters who can swoop given the hot speed up front.
TOP 5 SELECTIONS
9 – Marabi
1 – Trekking
2 – The Inferno
8 – September Run
5 – The Astrologist
WILLIAM REID STAKES | BETTING STRATEGY
BACK (WIN) — Trekking for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — September Run for 0.5 units
Units Outlayed: 266.2
Units Returned: 283.7
Profit On Turnover: 6.6%