Vinery Stud Stakes tips and betting strategy are online now. Preview, speed map, race analysis, racing tips & betting strategy for the Vinery Stud Stakes at Randwick with Dean Evans of Winning Edge Investments. Full in-depth preview and analysis of each race and betting strategy are online now! Only on the Betfair Hub.
Click here to head to the Vinery Stud Stakes market on the Betfair Exchange.
VINERY STUD STAKES
Track: Newcastle | Distance: 1850m | Type: G1 3YOF SW | Rail Position: True 400m-Winning Post; +2m remainder | Condition: Soft 7 | Prizemoney: $500,000
Potentially some rain forecast through the day which could impact the track rating. May improve initially with an upgrade, and then could get downgraded if the rain comes.
G1 race won in recent years by Hungry Heart, Shout The Bar, Verry Elleegant, Single Gaze, Lucia Valentina & Mosheen.
Historical Profiling (last 10 years):
- 2nd up (1), 3rd up (4), 4th up (4), 5th up (1)
- 12-day break (1), 14-day break (5), 15-day break (2), 21-day break (2)
- Settled 1st-3rd (4), Settled 6th-8th (4), Settled 16th (1)
SPEED MAP RACING TIPS
Average speed anticipated with Never Been Kissed the likely leader. Gin Martini, Stray & Yearning will be handy. Hinged, Molulua, Hope In Your Heart, Hidden Smile and Youthfull are midfield. Gypsy Goddess, Ellenmac, Fangirl, Pretty Amazing & Pink Ivory out the back.
VINERY STUD STAKES | KEY RUNNERS + RACING TIPS
1. Yearning – Won the G1 Thousand Guineas in the Spring, then 4th beaten 2L in the Wakeful. Hit the line well first up then disappointing when 5th second up. Risking.
2. Hinged – Won the G1 Surround Stakes two starts back before a strong 3rd in the Coolmore Classic last start. Ran 2nd in the Flight Stakes last prep. Is a big chance here.
3. Never Been Kissed – Won the G1 Flight Stakes last prep before 2nd in the Spring Champion. Ran a good 2nd in the Phar Lap last start. Can’t discount.
4. Fangirl – Bolted in to win the Carbine Club at Flemington last prep. Won the Light Fingers first up before hitting the line well for 5th beaten 2.3L in the Surround Stakes. Disappointed when a distant 4th in the Phar Lap as odds on favourite. Certainly has the ability to bounce back here over the trip.
6. Gypsy Goddess – Won 5 from 5 in QLD and brings a different formline here. Has plenty of ability but meets these second up on a wet track.
7. Pretty Amazing – Has won 3 from 3 this prep culminating in an impressive Kembla Grange Classic win, and is running the losing sectionals of a high quality filly.
8. Hope In Your Heart – Keeps hitting the line well and can figure in the placings here.
9. Gin Martini – Hard fit staying filly and is another that can figure in the placings.
12. Pink Ivory – Very well-bred filly trained by John Sargent who has trained numerous Oaks winners. Is by Redwood (who has sired some Group winning stayers including Platinum Invador, Rising Red and Tokorangi) out of Lotteria who was a multiple G1 winning mare that also ran 2nd in a Cox Plate. She won at Gosford over 1600m at her second start running +11.6 for the last 1200m. Ran the quickest last 400m and 200m of the day. 2nd at Newcastle running +8.8m the last 1000m then bolted in by 4.5L at Newcastle running +14.5 the last 1200m. Looks high grade.
Strong edition of the Vinery this year with some very promising staying fillies engaged.
TOP 5 SELECTIONS
4 – Fangirl
2 – Hinged
7 – Pretty Amazing
12 – Pink Ivory
3 – Never Been Kissed
VINERY STUD STAKES | BETTING STRATEGY
BACK (WIN) — Fangirl for 1 unit
BACK (WIN) — Hinged for 1 unit
BACK (WIN) — Pretty Amazing for 1 unit
BACK (WIN) — Pink Ivory for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Never Been Kissed for 0.5 units
Units Outlayed: 266.2
Units Returned: 283.7
Profit On Turnover: 6.6%