Sydney Cup tips and betting strategy are online now. Preview, speed map, race analysis, tips & betting strategy for the Sydney Cup at Royal Randwick with Dean Evans of Winning Edge Investments. Tips and full in-depth preview and analysis of each race and betting strategy are online now! Only on the Betfair Hub.
Click here to head to the Sydney Cup market on the Betfair Exchange.
Track: Royal Randwick | Distance: 3200m | Type: G1 HCP | Rail Position: +4m Entire | Condition: Heavy 10 | Prizemoney: $2,000,000
60-110mm rain forecast for Thursday. 20mm-30mm for Friday. 8-15mm Saturday. Extremely wet again, although Randwick is playing exceptionally well in these circumstances.
G1 for the stayers won in recent years by Mourayan, The Offer, Polarisation, Who Shot Thebarman and Selino.
Historical Profiling (last 10 years)
• 1st up (1), 3rd up (2), 4th up (2), 5th up (4), 6th up (1)
• 7-day break (4), 14-day break (2), 21-day break (2), 35-day break (1), 225 day break (1)
• Leader (1), Settled 3rd-6th (3), Settled 7th-14th (5)
• 5yo (5), 6yo (1), 7yo (3), 9yo (1)
• Geldings (8), Mares (1), Entires (1)
• 50kg-52kg (6), 55kg-55.5kg (3), 58kg (1)
SPEED MAP RACING TIPS
Knights Order and Angel Of Truth look the two to set a comfortable lead, with not a lot of challengers.
Chalk Stream, No Compromise & Future Score like to be forward.
Alakhan, The Chosen One, Sheraz, Kaapfever, Surefire, Le Baol & Crystal Pegasus will also likely be forward of midfield in this big field.
The rest strung out the back.
SYDNEY CUP | KEY RUNNERS + RACING TIPS
1. The Chosen One – Caulfield Cup placegetter who was 2nd beaten a head in this race 2 years ago. Ran a good 3rd last start in the Tancred and has been set for this.
2. Daqiansweet Junior – Won the Adelaide Cup last start, but this is another jump in grade. Drops sharply in weight from that run. Wet track is a query as has failed on it in the past.
3. Knights Order – Has won the G2 Brisbane Cup over 3200m and ran a good 2nd in the Chairmans last start. Will run well here.
4. Stockman – 2nd in the Tancred last start, and absolutely loves the wet. Perfectly suited by the conditions, but the rider has a 3% win strike rate at Metro level.
5. Crystal Pegasus – Has won 4 in a row including dominant wins in the Roy Higgins & Mornington Cup at his last two. Rates well here.
6. Angel Of Truth – Absolutely loves the wet and drops sharply in grade and wet on runs this prep. 3rd in the Chipping Norton, 3rd in the Ranvet and 5th in the Tancred. Is good value here.
7. Sheraz – Has great overseas staying form in the wet, but has been disappointing in Aus runs to date. Has the ability but have to take on trust.
8. No Compromise – Is a consistent type who won the Manion last start. Gives the impression the further the better. Rider has a 5% win strike rate at Metro level.
9. Luncies – Was a good solid 3rd in the Chairmans last start. Handles the Randwick wet and gives the impression the 2 miles won’t be an issue.
11. Surefire – Has excellent overseas form, and his 2 career runs in Australia have been very good too, winning first up before a good 2nd in the Manion. Is up to this on form. Rider has a 5% win strike rate at Metro level.
13. Chalk Stream – Owned by the Queen. Was a good 3rd last start in the Manion. Missed the Chairmans run last week. Can figure.
16. Dadoozdart – Did win a Listed race overseas on a heavy 13 before coming to Australia. Has been running consistently. Bolter
SYDNEY CUP | SUMMARY
Will be a tough slog over the 3200m on the heavy 10. The below runners look most prominent to stay the trip in the conditions.
SYDNEY CUP | TOP 5 SELECTIONS
1 – The Chosen One
6 – Angel Of Truth
5 – Crystal Pegasus
3 – Knights Order
11 – Surefire
SYDNEY CUP | BETTING STRATEGY
BACK (WIN) — The Chosen One for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Angel Of Truth for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Crystal Pegasus for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Knights Order for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Surefire for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Luncies for 0.3 units
BACK (WIN) — Dadoozdart for 0.2 units
Units Outlayed: 282.9
Units Returned: 306.1
Profit On Turnover: 8.2%