Queen Elizabeth Stakes tips and betting strategy are online now. Preview, speed map, race analysis, racing tips & betting strategy for the Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Royal Randwick with Dean Evans of Winning Edge Investments. Tips and full in-depth preview and analysis of each race and betting strategy are online now! Only on the Betfair Hub.
Click here to head to the Queen Elizabeth Stakes market on the Betfair Exchange.
QUEEN ELIZABETH STAKES
Track: Royal Randwick | Distance: 2000m | Type: G1 WFA | Rail Position: +4m Entire | Condition: Heavy 10 | Prizemoney: $4,000,000
60-110mm rain was forecast for Thursday. 20mm-30mm for Friday. 8-15mm Saturday. Extremely wet again, although Randwick is playing exceptionally well in these circumstances.
Outstanding G1 race won in recent years by Reliable Man, It’s a Dundeel, Winx (3 times) & Addeybb (twice).
Historical Profiling: Trends from Last 10 Years
- Second up (4 winners), Third up (2 winners), Fourth up (3 winners)
- 14-day break (1 winner), 21-day break (7 winners), 28-day break (1 winner)
- Settled 1st-3rd in running (5 winners), Settled 4th-6th (3 winners), Settled 10th-14th (2 winners)
- Barrier 1-4 (6 winners), Barrier 9-10 (3 winners)
- 4yo (2 winners), 5yo (3 winners), 6yo (2 winners), 7yo (2 winners)
- Geldings (2 winners), Mares (4 winners), Entires (3 winners)
Key lead-up races include the Ranvet Stakes (2 winners), George Ryder Stakes (5 winners), Coolmore Classic (1 winner) and Tancred Stakes (1 winner).
SPEED MAP RACING TIPS
Zaaki should aim to dominate up front.
Dalasan & Mount Popa will be on his hammer, with Think It Over handy too.
I’m Thunderstruck, Anamoe & Montefilia in the next group.
Verry Elleegant & Duais out the back.
Play Your Way on the the Queen Elizabeth Stakes with Betfair. Click the banner above to get started!
QUEEN ELIZABETH STAKES | KEY RUNNERS + RACING TIPS
2. Zaaki – Doomben Cup, Underwood, Mackinnon & All Star Mile winner. Will be at peak here 3rd up over 2000m. Very heavy track is a bit of an unknown.
6. Verry Elleegant – Has run 2nd in this race to Addeybb the past two years. 2nd in the Ranvet last start. Wet suits her. Set to peak here.
7. Duais – Has impressed this campaign with dominant wins in the Australian Cup & the Tancred. Despite those both being G1 races, this is another step up in grade here back in trip.
8. Montefilia – Beat Verry Elleegant last start in the Ranvet. Suited to the conditions here and has to rate a chance of knocking her off again.
9. Anamoe – Second beaten a nose in the Cox Plate in the Spring. Bolted in to win the Rosehill Guineas by 7L last start. Ran a substantially slower overall time to the Ranvet quinella on that occasion.
DEAN EVANS’ TOP 5 SELECTIONS
6 – Verry Elleegant
2 – Zaaki
8 – Montefilia
9 – Anamoe
7 – Duais
QUEEN ELIZABETH STAKES | BETTING STRATEGY
BACK (WIN) — Verry Elleegant for 1.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Zaaki for 1 unit
BACK (WIN) — Montefilia for 0.5 units
Units Outlayed: 282.9
Units Returned: 306.1
Profit On Turnover: 8.2%