Track: Soft 5
Rail: +5m 1000m-WP; +3m Remainder
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Wednesday 10th – Max 28. Mostly Sunny 0% chance of a shower 0-1mm.
Race 1 1000m 2YO Maiden Set Weights
The 2YO’s clash with a good mix of experience and debut runners. Drying conditions in Sydney this week and we can expect the track to improve as the day goes on. It will be advantageous to be up on speed and ideally building momentum at Warwick Farm.
1. Credibile Witness: This 2YO has been chasing rich 2YO races but finds a standard 2YO race here for the first time. He went ‘pop’ when trying to chase the very talented Extreme Choice in Inglis Nursery. Not the greatest platform to peak.
6. Miss Debutante: Just the 1 x 743m trial to work with here and she was ridden out to win. Happy to be against her off that platform.
7. Rather Sweet: Found her debut run in listed grade a bit too much but was able to bounce back with two impressive efforts at the races since. She resumes off a scintillating Warwick Farm Maiden trial, which was run +10 lengths above average and stacked up favourably on the day. Gary Nickson can train a 2YO and she looks to have come back a better horse.
9. Snow Surrender: The Joe Pride filly returns home after a lackluster debut at Randwick. Connections put her 8L defeat down to a heavy track but I’m not as convinced. I want to see something from her as she’s always been ‘cuddled’ at the trials. D-Day for her.
10. Tale Of Choice: She went around at $15 on debut in Saturday grade and put in a fair performance against Souchez from the Godolphin yard. She was beaten 4.5L on that day and they didn’t run particularly good time. The blinkers going on could help but not enough to get me in.