Overview: Looks a skinny meeting at Shepparton, only a handful of chances in each race.
R6 Shepparton Paint Place Trotters Handicap
Expect any of the front line to take a sit on Valley Ess Jay (7) when it comes looking for the front, driver Chris Svanosio will just need to be quickest of the 10m markers and will work his way to the lead.
1. Sheza Amason: Gets the services of Brian Gath for the first time, will win soon but maybe not tonight. Look to place.
4. Spirit Walker: Talented trotter that can run some good races.
5. Black Valley: Good win in weaker race last start, can be placed.
7. Valley Ess Jay: Versatile trotter that looks classes above these, good safe trotter, excellent driver, should find the top, just wins.
R8 Central Tyre Service Pace
Not so easy to work out, Itz Billy Hillis (3) will be wanting the lead but may have to work a little to get around Grinvil (1), Sluggem (6) will want to be up there as well, could be plenty of pressure on.
3. Itz Billy Hillis: Impressive sit/sprint Melton winner last start but did only beat Repeat After Me, this will be harder.
6. Sluggem: Drops significantly in class to what it has been racing in, probably first pick.
7. Terror Man: Flying and has a hope at big odds.
8. Give Me The Night: Could get soft run and have the last shot at them, definite chance.
Got to risk this favourite up in class
R9 Bicknell Signs Pace
Brallos Pass (1) will lead from one and dictate terms to its own liking, Ideal For Real will most likely take a sit behind the leader, expect this race to be run in single file until Chris Alford comes off the fence at the bell on Pepe Bromac (6), fast last half expected
1.Brallos Pass: Third run from a spell, must be close to peak fitness, should get an easy run, should hold them all off.
2. Ideal For Real: Won comfortably first up at Maryborough on April 21st but not raced since, suggesting a slight hiccup to its preparation, just might not be at its absolute best tonight.
6. Pepe Bromac: Nice horse but a touch below the two favourites.
If this is a sprint for home, Brallos Pass will be winning