Overview: Outstanding meeting at Shepparton with the 4yo Vicbred heats
R3 Vicbred Super Series Heat
Brightly Valentine although not lightning off the gate it has enough speed to hold the front. Grinvil begins ok, Miss Dreamin will work forward from the wide draw and Snip Of Grand will follow through and sit behind the leader.
1. Brighty Valentine: Two wins leading before a solid run in fast time when outside the leader, perfect race for Gavin Lang that’s likely to lead without great pressure.
7. Miss Dreamin: Burst through the grades but this is her worst draw in a while and will need to go well to win from there.
8. Snip Of Grand: Will get the gun run behind the leader but is unlikely to run it down in the home straight.
BACK (Win) Brighty Valentine at 1.70+
R5 Vicbred Super Series Heat
Ideal Foe Real has never been used off the gate, so unless it produces that ability tonight in a heat it is unlikely to be in front. Menin Gate often runs the gate hard and should find the top. Real Knucky and Macterra Hawk both begin well and will want to sit.
3. Ideal For Real: Really nice horse but may have to do plenty of chasing tonight and potentially off the fence.
5. Menin Gate: Had trialled several times before a solid first up performance. Will strip fitter and should find the front. Looks right back to his best.
BACK (WIN) Menin Gate at 1.50+
R7 Vicbred Super Series Heat
Mach Doro will go straight to the front and Modern Bliss will take the sit behind the leader. Isobar will be prominent early, Cosell will edge forward and Muranji Track is the key to the race who is likely to make a move mid race. Lucky Lombo will be forced to go back at the start.
1. Modern Bliss: Strong win in weaker company, but will get the gun run behind the leader and can win.
2. Mach Doro: Far from impressive last start and just might be vulnerable in front.
7. Lucky Lombo: Racing well but will get a long way back and can win with right cart up.
10. Murranji Track: Really nice horse who will have to overcome a bad barrier but is capable. If Emma Hamblin can make the right decision at the right time to put him in the race he has a great chance.
Everyone expects Mach Doro to lead so wait until he does and then lay him in the run.
LAY (WIN) Mach Doro at 1.60 or less (IN PLAY)
R8 Vicbred Super Series Heat
Not a quick front line here so every chance Chris Alford will cross on Soynwasabi. Mattie Craven on The Culture can’t go up the fence early on so it will need to ease back and circle the field late. Stagger Lee just needs to slot in somewhere at the start.
2. Repeat After Me: Has gate speed and will take up a prominent position in the run.
5. Stagger Lee: Flying and just needs some luck, strong chance.
7. Soynwasabi: NSW visitor that wouldn’t be here if it lacked class. It has shown gate speed and appears a nice horse well placed in this event.
8. The Culture: Bad barrier and may not go as well from behind so looks a massive risk.
BACK (WIN) – Soynwasabi at 4.00+
LAY (WIN) – The Culture at 1.70 or less