R1 Andrew Pearce Mighty Murray 2YO Pace
Acacia Avenue can fly the gate when asked so it will definitely be challenging the pole marker Sanna Cruza early on. Zamperini and Connerman may work forward to sit outside the leader but I can’t see a lot of pace on once they settle into formation.
1. Sanna Cruza: Hit the line nicely on debut and has to be a chance with the right run.
6. Zamperini: Has had multiple trials and gone OK, but this may be a bit tough first up.
7. Connerman: Has won here before but the last couple have been disappointing appears a place chance only.
8. Four Shotzzz: Good debut win, then no luck when checked last time. The one to beat.
Being the only horse drawn second row, Four Shotzzz can either sit behind main danger Sanna Cruza if it leads or come off into the running line, either way it should be hard to beat.
BACK (WIN) Four Shotzzz (8) at $1.65+.
R3 Andrew Pearce Masterpeace 3YO Pace
Zhukov has enough speed off the arm to hold these out but I can see him handing up to Mastersign and getting his chance via the sprint lane. Therockwontroll may work to the death in this small field, if not he will come with a sprint three wide at them late. Serene Change has OK gate speed but might have to settle in the second half of the field.
2. Zhukov: Trialled well for his return and drawn to get the run of the race.
5. Mastersign: Likely leader and has been racing in good company so will relish the drop in class.
6. Therockwontroll: Ultra consistent having placed in all five starts to date and can place again here.
Zhukov should get a nice trip behind the leader and if there’s any pace on at all will be hard to beat.
BACK (WIN) Zhukov at $2.40+
R5 Andrew Pearce Australia Felix Pace
Ronzel Grinner should be able to work to the lead from out wide and has led its previous two starts when drawn the front. The Front row here isn’t overly speedy so look for Innovate, Pine Plains and Just Saying to be looking for Ronzel Grinner’s back.
7. Ronzel Grinner: If he can lead without working too hard I give him a chance in a race without too much depth.
10. Return Soldier: If he brings his best form I expect him to be winning this, his last win was at this track.
BACK (WIN) Return Soldier at $1.70+.