Overview: Solid meeting, good things everywhere and a big lay.
R1 DNR Logistics Pace
Wounded has good gate speed but he would look to take a sit, Chris Alford should follow across with Jet Black Shadow (6) and take up the running early on, Kerryn Manning might be able to get Lord Monaloo out of the gate a bit better but expect him to be outside the leader.
1. Time Capsule: Can be risky away but if paces and hold a fence position can be placed.
2. Lord Monaloo: Racing well and only danger to the Fav but just might not get an easy run.
6. Jet Black Shadow: Musters gate speed, should end up in front, good driver, just wins.
BACK (WIN) Jet Black Shadow at 1.50
R2 Pasticceria Padova Trot
Blue Sky Commander should get out quick enough to lead, Asdenro would be happy to take the trail, maybe Hinault could be the horse outside the leader
1. Asdenro: Slowly getting back to his best form, should get a good run and finish second
2. Blue Sky Commander: Perfect race, begins well from the mobile, just wins
BACK (WIN) Blue Sky Commander at 1.40+
R3 Jordan Cozzie Mates 21st Pace
A bit harder here, Indulgent may think he wants to lead and try and push through as is Tony Xiriha’s want sometimes, In A Rose Tattoo is probably the fastest out but no certainty to lead, Bad Boy Cullen has never shown much speed, maybe Captain Snooze comes across from out wide, Emmett Bronsnan has a big decision to make at the start on Kotare York either follow Indulgent or grab hold and go back to last.
3. Bad Boy Cullen: Career best run at Yarra Valley and if runs up to that again is top pick
8. Kotare York: Going well but heinous barrier draw, could get trapped on the fence or mission impossible from last, has to be a risk
9. Courtney John: Sit Sprinter that will be handy, good chance
10. Be Good Juddy: Has the right driver for a last shot at them in the home straight
11. Half Crown Gap: Good driver change, will be running on late, strong chance
This fav might just get beat but don’t give too big a price, it can still win if race is run to suit
LAY (WIN) Kotare York at 2.40 or less
R6 Del-Re National Italian Cup
Looks easy, Monique Burnett on Will Mach My Word gets an easy lead, Chris Alford won Major Secret will happily follow behind the leader Cold Major will likely be 3 back on the fence and it will be a race from the 400.
1. Major Secret: Two runs back from a spell have been excellent, only risk here is if he can accelerate up the sprint lane quick enough.
2. Will Mach My Word: Sure to be in front for a long way again, could pinch it
8. Cold Major: Probably be 3 fence and get out to run 3rd late
If we didn’t have sprint lanes then it would be a totally different story but this will get a gun run
BACK (WIN) Major Secret at 1.54+
R8 Wagon Appollo Trotters Free For All
Uncas could lead but likely to take a sit on the favourite Kyvalley Blur, expect On Thunder Road to be posted outside the leader.
2. Uncas: Trialled OK at Kilmore recently and races better with a sit, could easily run second.
3. Kyvalley Blur: Good trial at Maryborough recently, every chance of getting to the lead, should hang on to win
4. On Thunder Road: Broke 50m out last start when rolled at a short price, hard to think he could turn it around against a nice type here.
Very Skinny race, if fit should win this
BACK (WIN) Kyvalley Blur at 2.00+