Overview: Looks a favourites meeting tonight at Melton, although a runner is well in the market it’s not to say that they are not value at some point in time. Bet with confidence!
R3 Haras Des Trotteurs Tatlow Stakes
Iona Spider (3) should be first to the pegs and looking to take a sit. If trotting, Watts Up Rainbow (6) may also contest the lead, Jodi Quinlan is sure to go forward at the start on Illawong Byron (7), there is every chance the others relent to the early pressure and she finds the lead, Gavin Lang on last weeks winner Deltasun (8) has some tricky decisions to make from the awkward draw.
3.Iona Spider: Honest type that should get a nice pegs run, but place chance looks best.
6. Watts Up Rainbow: Loads of ability but a very risky trotter, could win if trotted all the way and gets a nice run in transit.
7. Illawong Byron: Solid run last week, best horse in the race, should take advantage of the front row draw, if Jodi can find the front, it just wins.
8. Deltasun: Really nice trotter but very tricky draw, Gavin Lang will need plenty of luck and weave some magic to win this from there, 2nd pick.
Sval Queen: Not keen, every chance it could miss the place from the draw in a pretty strong field
Banking on Jodi driving a good race here and finding the top, if she gets there easy enough, it’ll be winning.
R4 Bacardi Lindy Mares Trot
Aldebaran DeeBee (2) has terrific gate speed but may look to take a sit, K D Muscles (3) will look to lead, Lisa Miles on Barefoot Sally (6) has the unenviable decision to stride forward at the start and sit in the breeze or go back and possibly settle behind Claudys Princess (8) who should punch through at the start and take up a prominent spot in running.
3. K D Muscles: Steps up in grade here but should be in front for a fair way.
6.Barefoot Sally: Top notch mare, racing at her best, trialled nicely against the pacers at Shepparton but the draw makes it very tough.
8.Claudys Princess: Superstar for several seasons, looks the perfect race against the mares, Gavin Lang can follow through into a nice position at the start and I expect she will run over the top of them.
Gun mare in right race with the best driver and a comfortable barrier draw…. just wins!
R5 Mittys Young Pedro Free For All
Anne-Maree Conroy on It Is Billy (1) has the speed to hold all the others out wide again, Cold Major (4) and Exciteusinthecity (6) may come out for the first 100 metres but should soon grab hold and look to take a position.
1. It Is Billy: Grand campaigner racing in great form, drew barrier 1 once before over the 1720m start and held the lead and won against lightning quick Amajorjo so should hold these out
6. Exciteusinthecity: Great run last week when had no luck but it just may happen again, racing well, chance
8. Ideal Majority: Should get gun run through from inside of the back row, won’t run It Is Billy down but can definitely finish 2nd.
R6 Noel Simpson Memorial Victoria Trotters Oaks Group 1
Red Hot Tooth (1) has speed but will take a sit soon after, Sky Majesty (3) will look to go forward and take up the lead, presuming there will be Change of Tactics (COT) for Keeyang Yankee (6) will go forward and look to work to the lead (unless it breaks and it out the back), Chris Alford on High Gate (10) can make a mid-race move if need be or sit back if the speed is on.
3. Sky Majesty: honest trotter who is just a rung below the good ones, every chance to place
6. Keeyang Yankee: Has put in some amazing performances but can be risky, can pull too hard and just might be a query over the longer trip
7. Parisian Chic: Had a dream run last start and looked to have every chance, happy to risk.
10. High Gait: Professional race horse who is extremely versatile, can sit back and make one run, can make a move to the breeze, can whip around to the front early on if the main danger puts a dent in it manners, will get a great run for your money at an OK price.