Overview: First night of a fantastic weekend of harness racing at Melton, tonight is the Vicbred finals for the trotters.
R1 Aldebaran Park Trotters Handicap
Expect Miracle to jump in front over the 2240m, Zhenya put a hole in its manners last start so it is a risk to go away. Our Revenue Maker can fly the stand.
1. Miracle: Nice win last start and is likely to lead. Here is his chance to break through in a TMO.
4. Lightning Calder: Might not be in peak form, can be risky.
5. Jeter: Can get into a nice position and be placed at big odds.
6. Zhenya: Nice horse but the missed the start by 100m at last start, hard to have any confidence off that.
7. Our Revenue Maker: Missed start last time but back tot he front, could ping away and be handy, some chance.
11. Hinault: Solid run last start, probably the best of the 10m markers.
Miracle has a terrific lifetime record with 17 wins from 56 start, proper racehorse, will be infront for a long way.
BACK (WIN) Miracle at 4.00+
R2 Empire Stallions Vicbred Super Series 4Yo Silver Trot
Itsgettingcalder, Illawong Peppa, Parallel Lines and Spirit Walker have all shown gate speed previously
2. Itsgettingcalder: Just battled first up at Maryborough, might have been rushed into the series, will improve but under the odds.
4. Parallel Lines: In career best form, not suited in fast last quarter last start, great chance if gets last crack at them.
10. Sunofatrump: Not racing at his best, risk.
11.Majestic Moves: Up and coming trotter, will be running on late.
BACK (WIN) PARALLEL LINES at 4.40+
BACK (WIN) MAJESTIC MOVES at 7.0+
LAY (WIN) ITSGETTINGCALDER at 3.00 or less
LAY (WIN) SUNOFATRUMP at 6.00 or less
R3 Empire Stallions Vicbred Super Series (3Yo Trotting Fillies) Final (Group 1)
Aldebaran Eve, Princess Phoenix and Mizurri can get out of the gate quickly, inexperienced trotter Into The Unknown began OK at Bendigo and had to grab hold, Kerryn Manning could land in the running line a bit closer tonight if early gaps appear.
1. Aldebaran Eve: Battled on OK in fast last half in heat, chance from the pole.
3. Princess Phoenix: Appeared disappointing in the heat, couldn’t entertain off that run.
6. Into The Unknown: Sensational run in the heat, produces that again and will run straight past them.
12. Sky Majesty: Lead and walked in the heat, much harder from back row draw
Kerryn Manning is no stranger to winning big races
BACK (WIN) INTO THE UNKNOWN at 2.70+
R7 Empire Stallions Vicbred Super Series (3Yo Trotting Colts & Geldings) Final
Kyvalley Tinman has gate speed but will likely take a sit, Calder Knight begins well and likely leader, Sundons Courage is sure to push forward at the start. Greg Sugars on Crusin Around has some tricky decisions to make
3. Big Jack Hammer: Continues to improve, will be handy, second pick.
5. Sundons Courage: Should sit parked and control the race, strong horse, looks a good thing for Alford.
8. Cruisin Around: In trouble from the draw, huge task to win if Sugars tries to come around the field and win.
Big, strong trotter that Alford will get the best out of in the home straight
BACK (WIN) SUNDONS COURAGE at 2.40+
R8 Empire Stallions Vicbred Super Series (4Yo Trotting Mares) Final (Group 1)
Hugely tactical race, Endsino will want to hold the lead but Aldebaran Deebee will be zooming across as well, this effects the favourite Sky Petite.
1. Endsino: Battled on OK in the heat when outside the leader, might lead, might be leaders back.
3. Val Gardena: Solid win in the heat, huge chance with nice draw.
5. Aldebaran: Deebee: if lands in front has a great show
8. Sky Petite: Nightmare draw, does J.Caldow take the risk that Endsino leads and get the gun run or try and circumnavigate the entire field, risks in both
9. Sashas Dream: Rapidly improving trotter that has a flukers chance at big odds.
Plenty of chances here so play bookie and lay each of two
LAY (WIN) ENDSINO at 4.00 or less
LAY (WIN) SKY PETITE at 2.10 or less
R9 Empire Stallions Vicbred Super Series (2Yo Trotting Fillies) Final (Group 1)
Yankee Redback has gate speed, Watts Up Rainbow might be asked for an effort early on, Sugars will no doubt go forward on Illawong Shimmer.
2. Yankee Redback: Heat winner in a 33.3 last qtr, consistent trotter, rough chance.
4. Watts Up Rainbow: Was probably going to win before it broke in the heat, graet chance if it trots.
5. Illawong Shimmer: Not convinced this favourite is much good, might jump in front but its a risk.
9. Derrie Aire: Clearly the most talented trotter in the race, just wins if it gets around.
BACK (WIN) DERRIE AIRE at 3.50+
BACK (WIN) WATTS UP RAINBOW at 9.00+ (saver)