Overview: Excellent card of racing with multiple chances in many races, hopefully we can go four from four again just like last week.
R1 DNR logistics Trot
KD Muscles runs the gate pretty hard and is the most likely leader, Sky Petite will get the gun run from barrier one Zhenya should be handy.
1. Sky Petite: Racing well, good draw, safe trotter, fast sprint, looks the winner
2. Zhenya: Racing very well, strong claims if it has any luck.
5. KD Muscles: Slightly disappointing last week but should jump in front, can win
BACK (WIN) Sky Petite at 2.30+
R5 HBV Richmond Lass G3
Shes Just A Delight has the speed to lead from barrier 1 with Milly Perez trailing it through from the second line, Beach Shack with Michael Bellman might park outside the leader and Starburst Girl may take up that position soon after. Lovelist has the option of taking off early or coming with one run. As always Gumdrops will have the final shot at them down the outside
2. Shes Just A Delight: Can win if gets an easy enough time in front
8. Milly Perez: Strong chance if the race is run as expected and she shoots up the sprint lane in the home straight.
9. Lovelist: Trialled very strongly recently, looks perfectly suited.
11. Gumdrops: Beaten by Lovelist at a recent trial but if the speed is on, she will be running home.
Always has had the wood on her rivals in these type of races and should happen again here.
BACK (WIN) Lovelist – at 3.00+
R7 The HRTC Bendigo Enduro
Many of these horses went around in a standing start race recently so plenty of exposed form, expect Just Knew to be first out again and may take a sit. Chris Alford on Jadahson will know if he is quick enough away, he could take up the running soon after. Maximan may want to take up a forward position early on.
It Is Billy will have to make a long sustained run at some point to get into the race.
1. Just Knew: Will get a nice cheap run on the fence, can win.
3. Savesometimetodream: Could also get a nice run in transit, can win at odds.
5. Lets Elope: Three off the fence is often a great place to be in these races and Josh Duggan could lob there, can win.
6. Jadahson: Great chance if jumps in front.
8. Maximan: Great run last week, can win.
10. Exciteusinthecity: Flying and begins well, if gets right run, can win.
11. It Is Billy: Huge task off 20m handicap, will be last early on and have to be wide for a large portion of the race. Looks a genuine risk.
It’s a tough race, so keen to lay here.
LAY (WIN) It Is Billy at 4.50 or less
R8 The VHRSC Holmfield
Calder Knight flew the gate at Bendigo and should lead, Sundons Courage will take up the spot behind the leader. Greg Sugars has a big decision to make on Crusin Around.
1. Sundons Courage: Nice trotter, great draw and Alford, should get a soft run and it may prove the difference.
3. Crusin Around: Lovely trotter with two superb wins this preparation, all comes down to the run he gets in transit but there is enough risk to think he might not get it all his own way.
Only two hopes but we’ll go for Alford and the value.
BACK (WIN) Sundons Courage at $2.80+