The Silver Chief Classic (Group 1) – The Meadows Saturday 2nd January 2016
Track Record: Allen Deed 29.376 seconds (3/1/15)
2015- Above All
2014- Ollie Bale
2013- Renegade Chief
2011- Kilty Lad
Field and Stats
- Harlon – Best 29.93. Won 4/8 at the track, two from Box 1 and eight of its nine wins from boxes 1-4. Won its heat in 30.09 with a 5.05 1st
- Ernest Bale – Best 29.89. Won 5/17 at the track, two from Box 2 and 7 from boxes 1-3. Won its heat in 30.25 with a 5.29 1st
- Midwinter – No best time. two x seconds from two starts at the track. Four of its seven wins from boxes 1-3 but only 1 from Box 3. Second in heat in 30.22 with a firstt split of 5.21
- Invictus Rapid – Best 29.84. Won three and four placings from eight starts here. One win from Box 4 with five of its eight wins from Boxes 6 and 7. Won its heat in 30.13 with a 1st split of 5.18
- Moreira – Best 29.87. Won three and placed four from nine here. No wins from Box 5 with five of its wins from boxes 7 or 8. Second in its heat in 30.50 with a 1st split of 5.17.
- Marley Bale -Best 29.83. Two wins and two seconds from five starts here. Won one race from five different boxes so is versatile. Second in its heat in 30.09 with a 1st split of 5.22.
- Aeroplane Bob – No best time. Won 4/8 overall and two placings from two starts here. Three of its four wins from Boxes 1 and 2. 2nd in heat in 30.22 with a 1st split of 5.24.
- My Silver Chisel – Best 30.08. Won 4/8 here and 6/11 overall. Five wins from Boxes 3-5 and none from 6-8. Won its heat in 30.16 with a 1st split of 5.14.
- Allen Terminator – 1st emergency, no best time. Two placings from two starts here but has won 12/17 overall. Eight wins from Boxes 1-3 and four from Boxes 6-7. 3rd in heat in 30.29 with a 1st split of 5.05.
- Aston Ebert – 2nd emergency, best time 30.42. Won one and placed six from nine here. Wins from boxes 1,4 and 8. 3rd in its heat in 30.39 with a 1st split of 5.29.
HARLON looks the early leader with the quickest first split here consistently. Managed to get down to 5.00 two starts ago when winning here in 29.93. Although it’s not the quickest best time by these dogs it has slow beginners drawn Boxes 2 and 3 so it should be in front at the first turn. It has won twice from Box 1 and looks an out and out railer who will appreciate being on the bunny. MARLEY BALE looks possibly better suited wide and the 6 Box should suit. Chased Harlon last week to no avail but did get within 0.05L of the winner. Has won in 29.83 and three times from the outside boxes. Will be giving the leader a start but if there’s a chink in Harlon’s armour then Marley Bale can take advantage. MY SILVER CHISEL may get across to second early but it hasn’t won from the wide draws and I don’t think it can break 30 seconds. INVICTUS RAPID has won three in a row and the 4 Box shouldn’t hinder it. Throw in the Jason Thompson factor and this inform chaser will be closing hard. ERNEST BALE was the beneficiary of some carnage at the first turn last time and will get home strong as well. MOREIRA was $1.90 favourite in that same race when it ran second but the box doesn’t look good for it.
1st – Harlon (1)
2nd – Invictus Rapid (4)
3rd – Marley Bale (6)
4th – Ernest Bale (2)