The Pink Sheets – Morphettville, Saturday 21st May
R7 Goodwood HCP 1200m 3YO SWP Group 1
Race Assessment and Confidence
Race Confidence: HIGH
Black Heart Bart has been kept fresh for 1200m, with the Weir/Rawiller combo and a good barrier suggest he’s one to beat. Admiral ran well enough first up over an unsuited 1000m trip to say he’s the main danger despite Brendon McCoull having first G1 ride here. Fast ‘N’ Rocking doesn’t win out of turn but gets favourable condition. Back all three as suggested below. Under The Louvre and Supido look the next best whilst Flamberge, Sheidel, Faatinah must be respected and afforded some claims.
3. Black Heart Bart: Racing very well this prep for Darren Weir and looks the one to beat from gun barrier. Drop back to 1200m should be OK with 35 days since last start.
12. Admiral: Won 14/20 starts and proved quality with unlucky fifth in a very good Australian Guineas as a 3yo. First up run over unsuited 1000m last start was very good. A big chance.
9. Fast ‘N’ Rocking: Not suited in wet last two starts and his prior form was very good for this. Just one win since November 2014 but has the quality to win on dry ground. Respect.
11. Under The Louvre: No wins since March 2015 and only one win since October 2014 but third in this race last year and is primed once again after very solid first up third last start. Solid claims.
15. Supido: Won six on end leading in and looks to have scope to measure up. Meets Admiral 3.5kgs worse for last start but looks a genuine chance.