R7 UBET Adelaide Cup 3yo+ G2 (3200m)
Race Assessment and Confidence
Confidence – Low
With Signoff scratched this race has been robbed of a great deal of interest. Signoff’s stablemate Real Love now looks the hardest to beat but following the re-shuffle of prices she is no value at the moment at an odds-on quote and I expect better by start time. Lucques and Swacadelic have ‘Signoff’ form from their last runs at Moonee Valley and both look HTB. Celtic Prince & Tunes look the best locals & are at good odds. No bet recommended at this stage though.
2. Real Love: Top quality staying mare proven up to 2600m to date. Top jockey/trainer & obviously the top pick but not sure about the price.
10. Lucques: Honest High Chaparral 4yo who gives the impression 3200m will suit. In good hands & has top hoop engaged. Has claims.
8. Swacadelic: Beat Signoff l/st in a MV LR 2500m race but his very best form has been at MV so expect to rate down off that run. Solid chance.
15. Celtic Prince: VG l/wk when second to Signoff & has VG figures in his past when trained by Bjorn Baker. Would not surprise with a similar performance.
11. Tunes: Racing very well without winning despite going around at very regular intervals. Top SA jock on board & has top five claims.