Distances: Zoom Top: 725m , Rookie Rebel: 600m, Temlee: 525m
Track Record: 725m: Space Star 41.933 seconds (Feb 2015), 600m: Dyna Double One 33.911 seconds (Feb 2016), 525m: Allen Deed 29.376 seconds (Jan 15)
Group 1 Zoom Top – 725m
2015 – Space Star
2014 – Cheetah Zorro
2013 – Destini Fireball
2012 – Miata
2011 – Blue Lorian
No Donuts made a rare error at box rise in his most recent start, I am happy to forgive that run and with the benefit of the inside draw he looks the early leader here and has the potential to lead this for a long way. I just have a query over his stamina in the last 50m. Kilkee Flex looks like she will be able to find a forward position but was disappointed with her last run at Shepparton where she gave up the lead earlier than I thought she would over 650m. Seeking Justice should be able to find a handy position along the rails and go through his gears but not sure has the class to win.
Ryno’s Radier is very smart on his day and will be competitively trying to also find a forward position along the rail, he relishes this distance range and could be storming home along the paint. Luna Jinx has been raced too sparingly for my liking and may need trouble upfront to feature. Come On Fantasy has been down on her best form lately but cannot be dismissed at this venue. Beks could run into a placing.
1. No Donuts: No best time. Group 1 Sale Cup winner over 650. Group 2 Summer Distance Plate winner at Wentworth Park. 4 wins from 7 starts from Box 1.
2. Seeking Justice: Best 42.61.13 of 19 career wins from boxes 1-4. Last win over this trip was from Box 3 on 26th September.
3. Ryno’s Raider: Best 42.41. Last win was over this trip on 2nd January. Has won or placed in 6 of 7 starts from this box. Only 1 win in 6 attempts here.
4. Come on Fantasy: Best 42.78. Most recent win was over this trip on 16th January. Only 1 win from this draw in 8 starts,
5. Luna Jinx: Best 42.27. Group 1 Superstayers winner here. Placed in Group 1 Bold Trease at Sandown Park. 4 wins over this trip but has not raced here since October.
9. Kilkee Flex: 1st emergency who gains a start. Best 42.81. 8 of 13 career wins from Boxes 1-4. Led all the way here 16th January.
10. Beks: 2nd emergency who gains a start. Best 42.38. Has raced over this trip an amazing 35 times. Has amassed the most wins over this trip of any runner in field (6).
Group 1 Rookie Rebel – 600m
2015 – Cosmic Wise
2014 – Hawk Alone
2013 – Proven Impala
2012 – Lektra Jay
2011 – Symmetry
Impossible to go past the reigning Melbourne Cup winner and current track record holder Dyna Double One especially with the benefit of the rails draw. Extreme Knocka should give him the room he needs early to rail through and set up a big winning break over these rivals. All eyes may be on the clock. Moreria was luckless off an unfavorable draw when resuming from a short break at Sandown Park recently, he hasn’t been defeated here over this trip and looks a great place bet and should find the rails early.
Grand Intention raced his heart out when runner up at Sandown Park recently in sizzling time and looks well drawn out wide. Lithgow Panther is a Group 1 winner but his stats aren’t pretty from wide draws and needs a stack of luck here. Polijuice Poton has bombed the start recently and this draw is no help. Cosmic Owl has a great record here but lacks the class factor to win.
1. Dyna Double One: Best 33.91 (current track record holder). 2015 Group1 Melbourne Cup Winner. 2 from 2 over this trip. 3 from 3 from Box 1.
2. Extreme Knocka: Best 34.42. Won or been placed in 8 of 9 starts over this trip. Box 2 is his least winning box, only 2 wins.
3. Moreira: Best 34.27. Winner of Maidment Memorial (listed) over 595m at Sandown Park. Has won three recent races from a squeeze draw. 2 from 2 over this trip.
4. Polijuice Potion: Best 34.33. Only missed a placing twice in 7 starts here. Never won from box 4. Has missed start in her past two.
5. Sisco Rage: Best 34.39. Has amassed 130 starts, oldest dog in field (4). Has a great record from Box 5 (5 wins).
6. Grand Intention: Best 34.22. 16 career wins, 7 from Box 1 and 6 have come from Boxes 5-8. 3 wins from 7 starts over this trip.
8. Lithgow Panther: Best 34.37. Winner of Group 1 Sir John Dillon Memorial at Sandown Park over 595m. 17 wins from boxes 1-4 but only 7 from Boxes 5-8. Only 1 win from Box 8.
9. Cosmic Owl: 1st emergency who gains a start. Best 34.36. 9 wins from Boxes 1 to 4 but only 4 wins from Boxes 4 to 8. Win or placed 5 out of 6 starts this trip. Has not won a race since 12th December.
10. Emrys: 2nd emergency. Best 34.46. 2 wins from 4 start over this trip. 7 out of 15 career wins from Box 1 and 2. Has not won since 18th December.
Group 1 Temlee – 525m
2015 – My Bro Fabio
2014 – Zelemar Fever
2013 – Cintiarna
2012 – Radley Bale
2011 – High Earner
Dalgettty looks primed to show his best here despite the tricky draw. He scored an extremely gutsy win in a heat of the Shepparton Cup where he was pestered throughout the whole race and still found a way to win. He was luckless in the final where he was clipped from behind. I believe he may be able to run 5.00 to the first split, find the rail and hold on to win.
Unlawful Entry has an amazing record from inside draws despite wanting to get off the track in his races, he is a great race dog and rails until he can safely get to a position 3 or 4 off the fence, I am just not sure he is going as well as he was late last year and he fell at his most recent start here. Shared Equity can set the track alight early in her races and she looks well drawn out wide, if there is trouble behind her she could give a hell of a sight here.
Zambora Brockie has been airborne in recent runs at Wentworth Park but I have never been convinced he has what it takes against the star studded Victoria talent and I am happy to take him on. Above All has a tricky draw here but his good race sense could see him run into the placings. Elfen Bale and Fantastic Spiral would need to be at their absolute best to find a placing against these rivals. Cash In Motion hasn’t raced here and I couldn’t have her without a look at this circuit.
1. Unlawful Entry: Best 29.83. 4 from 4 Box 1. 7 from 7 including Box 1 and 2. Winner of Group 1 Hobart Thousand. Fell in his last start here.
2. Fantastic Spiral: No best time. Only one start here in October (7th). Has a great record from all draws (Box 3 best). Won his past three including Launceston Cup.
3. Cash In Motion: No best time. Recent winner of Group 1 Futurity at Wentworth Park. Never won from this box however 7 wins from Boxes 1 and 2.
4. Zambora Brockie: No best time. 2 from 2 this draw. 8 wins from Boxes 1-4 and only 4 from Boxes 5-8. 0 wins from 2 Victorian Metropolitan starts.
5. Dalgetty: Best 29.79. 2 from 2 over this trip. Winner of Group 3 Silver Bullet over this trip. Has recorded a 5.03 1st split here. Hasn’t missed a placing this draw.
6. Above All: Best 29.76. Recent winner of Group 2 Cranbourne Cup. Has won 4 from 6 here. Oldest chaser in field. Been in money 3 times from this box.
7. Shared Equity: Best 29.83. Has scored 3 wins from this Box. 23 wins from 50 starts, equal most overall wins. Has a sizzling 4.98 1st split here.
8. Elfen Bale: Best 29.97. Has most wins over this trip of any runners (7). Only missed a placing here 3 times in 16 starts.7 Top 3 finishes from 8 starts Box 8.
9, Asa Flying Spur: 1st emergency, No best time. 6 of 8 wins Box 5-8. Only 1 run over this trip, last start 6th.
10. Fantastic Skye: 2nd emergency, Best 30.10. Been in the money in her past 12 starts. 5.11 1st split in her win here.