Current Track Rating: Soft
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Thursday 12th – Max 22°C. Partly cloudy
Friday 13th – Max 25°C. Partly cloudy
R7 Emirates Park Scone Cup Listed 1600m Quality
- 2 of past 5 winners lead up was the ‘Darley’ Crown at Hawkesbury
- 2 of past 5 winners lead up was the Rowley Mile at Hawkesbury
- 4 of past 5 winners have been at least three runs into their preparation
- 5 of past 5 winners have carried 57.5kg or less
- 5 of past 5 winners have SP’d $8 or higher
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
1st Tales of Grim – BR 3 54kg SP $8 – 4th up, 3 weeks, 7th BM100 1400m Randwick
2nd Frespanol – BR 8 54kg SP $13 – 4th up, 1.5 weeks, 4th Open Handicap 1400m Warwick Farm
3rd San Diego – BR 15 54kg SP $8.50 – 6th up, 1 week, 2nd BM95 1350m Rosehill
1st Cameo – BR 1 54kg SP $21 – 4th up, 2 weeks, 13th Darley Crown Group 3 1300m Hawkesbury
2nd Full of Spirit – BR 6 56kg SP $16 – 3rd up, 2 weeks, 6th Darley Crown Group 3 1300m Hawkesbury
3rd Loaded – BR 7 56.5kg SP $9 – 2nd up, 3 weeks, 2nd BM100 1400m Randwick
1st Speediness – BR 9 57.5kg SP $13 – 5th up, 2 weeks, 3rd Hawkesbury Mile Listed 1600m Hawkesbury
2nd Mouro – BR 10 56kg SP$7.50 – 4th up, 2 weeks, 1st Hawkesbury Mile Listed 1600m Hawkesbury
3rd Kaypers – BR 13 54kg SP $26 – 9th up, 5 weeks, 5th Manion Cup Listed 2400m Rosehill
Raspberries – BR 2 56kg SP $9 – 5th up, 2 weeks, 8th Hawkesbury Mile Listed 1600m Hawkesbury
Dysphonia – BR 10 53kg SP $11 – 3rd up, 2 weeks, 3rd Darley Crown Listed 1300m Hawkesbury
2. Amovatio: He won the 1600m Hawkesbury Cup last start which makes him an obvious contender for the Scone Cup. However, the history books say that the Scone Cup is won by horses who carry less than 57.5kg and run ‘hidden’ races in the lead up meeting held at Hawkesbury.
4. Casino Dancer: Is racing like a different horse since having the blinkers applied back in October. She ran second to Amovatio in the Hawkesbury Cup and presents here rock hard fit. She races well on good and slow tracks and profiles well for this.
5. Aomen: Ran well enough first up against the likes of Artistry, Nancy (Darley Crown winner) and Amovatio (Hawkesbury Cup winner) to suggest he can bounce back after being well beaten in the Group 1 Doncaster. He’ll need to defy to profile of not having a recent run but could bob up at big odds.
7. Tales of Grim: Last year’s Scone Cup winner has returned to the races with two good runs under his belt to prep him for this year’s race. At his latest outing he was caught on the worst part of the track at Hawkesbury (the inside) when working home well, eventually finishing 4L from Amovatio. Fitness is the query this year with 300+ days between campaigns.
8. Dances on Stars: Has been tuned up for the Scone Cup with two runs of hidden merit in his past two starts. Prior to these he finished a close up third to It’s Somewhat in the Group 2 Ajax Stakes (1500m) and going back further he carried 58.5kg against Srikandi when finishing third in the Group 2 Victory Stakes. He goes best fresh and has the ratings to win this with luck from Gate 17.
14. High Midnight: A horse on the rise and drops 7kg on his last start win in the BM84 1500m race at Rosehill. While he looks to be ‘weighted’ to win this race (and he is) its hard for us to jump into the $5-6 we expect to be on offer with the wide Barrier 16 and the fact the horse is only having his third run of his campaign. The profile says we need to take him on today.
** Speed Maps courtesy of www.racingandsports.com.au
Good Luck Backing & Laying.
The Betfair Insider