Current Track Rating: Good 4
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Friday 12th – Max 29°C. Possible shower.
Saturday 13th – Max 30°C. Sunny.
R7 Apollo Stakes 3YO+ WFA 1400m Group 2
- 2 of past 5 winners have come via the Expressway Stakes
- 2 of past 5 winners have been the outright SP favourite
- 4 of past 5 winners had drawn barrier 6 or wider
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
2015 (Good 3, Rail True)
1st Contributer – SP $5.50 59kg BR6 – 2nd up, 10 week let up, 8th Group 1 Emirates Stakes 1600m Flemington
2nd Ninth Legion – SP $7.50 59kg BR14 – 1st up, 15 weeks, 4th Group 1 Epsom Hcp 1600m Randwick
3rd Weary – SP $5.50 59kg BR13 – 2nd up, 2 weeks, 1st Group 2 Expressway Stakes 1200m Rosehill
2014 (Good 4, +7m)
1st Appearance – SP $2.60F 57kg BR2 – 2nd up, 2 weeks, 1st Group 2 Expressway Stakes 1200m Randwick
2nd Speediness – SP $7.50 59kg BR4 – 7th up, 2 weeks, 6th Group 2 Expressway Stakes 1200m Randwick
3rd Moriarty – SP $31 59g BR7 – 8th up, 2 weeks, 8th Group 2 Expressway Stakes 1200m Randwick
2013 (Warwick Farm Heavy 9, Rail + 5m)
1st Alma’s Fury – SP $19 59kg BR11 – 8th up, 8 week let up, 1st LR Bernborough 1600m Doomben
2nd Tougher Than Ever – SP $4.60 55.5kg BR12 – 6th up, 2 weeks, 4th Group 2 Expressway Stakes 1200m Randwick
3rd Danleigh – SP $9 59kg BR3 – 2nd up, 2 weeks, 5th Group 2 Expressway Stakes 1200m Randwick
2012 – 1st Rain Affair – SP $1.50F 59kg BR12 – 3rd up, 2 weeks, 1st Group 2 Expressway Stakes 1200m Randwick
2011 – 1st Melito SP $8.50 57kg BR9 – 3rd up, 12 week let up, 5th Group 1 Patinack Classic 1200m Flemington
8. Winx: She won the Cox Plate in record time with her head on her chest! She’s had two trials back in and has the best turn of foot in the country. This looks to be a race set up for a first up runner as only two others (Centre Pivot and Solicit) have had race starts this time in.
Barrier 1 looks tricky on paper but by this time of the day you would expect Hugh Bowman to be able to come through the middle of the field. She looks to have a fair margin on these and has been priced accordingly.
Best of the rest
2. Magic Hurricane: The Metropolitan winner went to the paddock on a high after a dominant Group 1 win. He’ll sprint well from and looks a nice place bet for those keen to have a bet in the race.
4. Dibayani: Quite an interesting runner who has always had issues jumping and then settling in the run. He jumped OK in his Sydney trial but proceeded to over race. He’s better than what he has shown on the track but hard to take on trust.
5. Hauraki: He didn’t show his best until he was up to around 2000m last time.
10. Solicit: Was heavily supported and chased Our Boy Malachi into 2nd position in the Expressway Stakes. Looks the ’obvious’ 2nd pick on paper but the rest of her form is all against the girls.
** Speed Maps courtesy of www.racingandsports.com.au
Good Luck Backing & Laying.
The Betfair Insider