Track: Good 4
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Saturday 13th – Max 30. Sunny 5% chance of a shower 0-1mm.
Race 1 Lonhro Plate Listed 1100m 2YO SWP
The lead up to the Golden Slipper continues with the running of the Lonhro Plate. Drying conditions should put the Randwick track in the good to fast territory. I don’t expect any major bias for the 2YO’s.
1.Prized Icon: Debuted on a heavy track and gets a dry for the first time on Saturday. He worked home well on that day and finished next to subsequent city winner Twist Tops. Bowman sticks and should be in the finish.
2. Telperion: Showed good pace on debut before weakening into a 1.7L third to Yankee Rose and Faraway Town. Finished off well when resuming at the trials up the inside section of the track but didn’t look an overly strong heat. I expect natural improvement.
3. Palladian: A hard horse to get a gauge on but is the only first starter in this field. He looked to travel strongly in his latest trial when well held only being beaten by a narrow margin. Watch the exchange late for any money.
4. Vienna Waltz: She’ll present as one of the fitter horses after two solid performance on wet midweek tracks. That fitness will take her a long way but has never really caught my eye at the trials.
5. Quick Feet: Took out a midweek 2YO Maiden on debut at Warwick farm before being put away. She responded well to the whip when trialling this time in and her form ties in with Mooshakissa who has been placed in Saturday company. Respect her.
6. Sugarparma: She chased the Magic Millions dream and started well with a debut win at the Gold Coast. She then found Group 3 company a bit of a step up and returns home for the first time. She’ll have good residual fitness on her side.
8. Spright: She debuted in the Widden Stakes off an impressive barrier trial at her base in Hawkesbury. She attached the line fantastically on debut and the winner of the Widden (Honesty Prevails) looks a star in the making. With the fitness base coming through the Widden I like her.
In an open race I will be backing Spright.