R1 Concession Drivers Pace
Looks to be a keen battle for the early lead, Miss Condoleezza (1) has gate speed but is likely to prefer to take a sit. Making the battle for the front between In The Extreme (2) and Ace Duigan (4). Out wider Glenhuggard (6) has very good early speed but I doubt it can cross on this occasion. Our Pontiac (5) is likely to be put into the race when it can.
1. Miss Condoleezza: Likely to get a cheap run in transit which will suit and depending on what pressure is on it’s a winning chance.
2. In The Extreme: Has good gate speed, only two runs for this stable, the first winning impressively after leading and the second where it was outclassed from second row draw.
4. Ace Duigan: Has very good gate speed, if it found the front would just about be race over but not sure the lead is there, is tough enough to death seat and win. Has been racing against much stronger opposition and looks well placed here.
5. Our Pontiac: The D Kraft stable always go better when there is a driver change, is a tough customer who lacks high speed but will still be working home late.
Ace Duigan is graded so well, keen to bet.
BACK (WIN) Ace Duigan to win at $1.90+
R2 Aldebaran Park Trot
Yankee Bon Spider (4) is quick off the gate when he behaves. There’s also good gate speed with La Mouche (2). Baldy Face (3) can be risky early but has enough speed to hold a forward spot. Expect Plumbers Pettycash (9) to be driven aggressively and put into the race early.
3. Baldy Face: Can be risky, but OK for this class. Has enough gate speed to be near the front.
4. Yankee Bon Spider: Has very good gate speed but can also be very risky at the start. Serious question marks about it at the distance and will be getting very tired late.
5. Ten Caisses: Not much early speed but worked home well last time so must be a chance in an even field.
6. Fill My Pockets: Lacks any real speed but will keep grinding away.
8. My Skypocket: Will be big odds but is a chance, has galloped both runs but if his manners improve will be right in this.
9. Plumbers Pettycash: Poor drive last time, can figure in finish if things go its way, can be lack consistency though.
10. Sonetto: OK for this class.
11. Later: Lacks consistency but gets Chris Alford so he may be able to get the best out of it.
13. Sneaky Dart: Hard to trust but it will put it together one day. Knockout at best.
Yankee Bon Spider is always in the market and I’m not really sure why. Looks suspect at the distance and Chris Alford jumps off tonight, and is replaced by Mark Hayes.
PRE-RACE: LAY (PLACE) Yankee Bon Spider at $3.00 or less to place
Then, as the map has it leading…..
IN-PLAY: LAY (WIN) Yankee Bon Spider at $6.00 or less
R8 Vicbred 3 Year Old Trotting Fillies
Gate speed from Princess Venom (1), Rift Valley (3) and Princess Phoenix (4) and would suggest leader to be either Rift Valley or Princess Phoenix. Mizurri (9) pulled hard in its weekend trial so expect it to be put into the race at some stage depending on the early pressure.
3. Rift Valley: Good gate speed and really started to live up to early potential at its last few starts
4. Princess Phoenix: Good gate speed but can be risky away at times. That said she started well off the gate in a trial at Shepparton last week. Will need to be on the top of her game early to not allow any advantage to her main danger Rift Valley.
5. Into The Unknown: Steps up in class but does have good ability. Kerryn Manning is driving so that’s another positive.
9. Mizurri: Went off at the end of last preparation but has very good ability. Travelled keen and trotted well in a soft weekend trial with slow overall time.
Keen to back Rift Valley as I really like the way she has developed and think there are risks attached to the likely favourite in Princess Phoenix.
BACK (WIN) Rift Valley at 2.30+