Length of Home Straight: 350m
There IS NOT a sprint lane.
R6 APG (2yo Fillies) Final Group 1 MS 1609m
2015 – Jilliby Jitterbug
2014 – Queen Of Pop
2013 – Mindarie Priddy
2012 – Musical Delight
2011 – Rosa Mach
Won’t be any surprises here with Lauren Panella rolling forward on High Rolling to lead. Park Life gets a dream run behind the leader and Gavin Lang will look for a sit on Perfect Sense. Petacular led in its heat but will struggle to do so from the wide draw. Night And Main is another who will look for cover as it was stuck in the chair last week.
1. Park Life: Excellent winner of two in a row at Albion Park (one in a flying 1.55.7) before heading south and running second only beaten three metres to Petacular. Drawn to get a perfect run and will be finishing it off hard only needing a split late to be a genuine threat.
2. Perfect Sense: Was the prepost elect after a devastating win at Melton. Then got too far out of her ground in her heat when third, however the way she finished off was impressive. Gavin Lang will drive more aggressively this week and the Emma Stewart stable has a strong record at Menangle.
3. High Rolling: Shane Tritton has a smart one here – she has won three from three, all at this track including her last two in 1.54.4 and 1.54.2. She’s also broken 30sec for her last 10 quarters at this track – quite an achievement for a 2yo filly. Has brilliant gate speed as witnessed last week when leading from barrier 10. Should lead again here and prove very hard to beat.
4. Might And Main: Bernie Hewitt got stuck in the chair last week when an excellent fourth beaten 3 metres behind High Rolling in the heat that was three seconds quicker than the other. Prior to that she was an unlucky not to finished closer than third when starting a $2.10 favourite behind Petacular, only clear very late in running. She may be the best horse here and if she can get cover I expect her to be very hard to beat.
5. She Envy: Excellent win three starts ago has been followed with two seconds in the heat and Semi of this series. Both of those have been from behind the leader however she has barrier five tonight and may struggle to get the same amount of cover.
7. Petacular: Mick Stanley has this filly flying having won three of four including the heat and semi here, both after leading. Her only defeat was when in the chair in the Sapling Stakes at Kilmore when she still managed run second to Our Celebrity. Obviously she is tough but she will need to be driven differently from the wide draw tonight.
BACK (WIN) Might And Main (4) >$3.00 for 1.75 units