Sprint Lane: Yes
Length of Home Straight: 205m
There IS a sprint lane
R7 Australian Pacing Gold Final – 1720m Mobile Start
2015 – Our Waikiki Beach
2014 – Follow The Stars
2013 – Lettucerockthem
2012 – Majestic Mach
2011 – Mr Nickel
No speed besides The Storm Inside leading here with Weona Sizzler getting the dream run behind it. Redbank Blaze will get a cushy run three back the pegs. Other fancies such as Our Little General and Three Of The Best will try and look for cover.
1. Weona Sizzler: The ideal draw for him being a good sit sprinter as he draws to be behind the hot favourite and likely leader. Was three back the pegs in his heat when got home well for fourth behind the Our Little General. He won a heat of the Bathurst Gold Crown and managed fourth in the final when doing it tough in the death seat. Looks a place special.
2. The Storm Inside: Undefeated colt after five starts having won the Rod Fitzpatrick Memorial (Group 2) at Menangle and its heat and semi here with ease. Greg Sugars is as good as anyone in front and I can’t possibly see this losing. Has broken a 1.55 MR twice in its five start career – unheard of for a 2yo.
3. Three Of The Best: Queenslander who won its heat at Albion Park doing it tough in the death seat in 1.55.0 then came to Melton and off a horror draw (11) ran home well to only be beaten a SHFHD behind Our Little General. Gavin Lang has a much better draw here so you can expect it to map a bit closer.
4. Our Little General: Stablemate to the nominal favourite who is four wins from five starts (only loss coming to The Storm Inside on Hunter Cup night). Led in its heat as the $1.30 elect and “fell in” beating the Three Of The Best. Prior to that it was $1.04 favourite when it comfortably won its heat by 16.6m in the pedestrian time of 1.59.3. Won the Youthful and Sapling Stakes prior to then but looks to be the Stewart’s stable second pick however.
9. Wrappers Delight: Geoff Webster has a smart one here and it draws beautifully behind the favourite. Won its first two starts at Horsham and a heat of this series at Melton after doing it tough from a bad draw. Was a good effort when forced to do the work last time for third behind Our Little General. Webster can elect to get a trail here this time with the good draw – looks a good place chance.