Current Track Rating: Dead 5
Weather Forecast: www.metservice.com
Friday 26th – Max 29, partly cloudy
Saturday 27th – Max 28, scattered showers
R6 Group 2 Matamata Breeders’ Stakes G2 1200
- 1 of past 5 winners SP > $5.60
- 2 of past 5 winners had previous run in Wakefield Challenge Stakes
- 2 of past 5 winners had barrier one
- 4 of past 5 winners had previous run at 1200m
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
2015 – Serena Miss – SP$3.10 56.5kg BR5 – 1st up, 10 wks, 2nd G2 Wakefield Challenge Stks 1100m Trentham
2014 – Lady Royale – SP$5.60 56.5kg BR6 – 4th up, 2 weeks, 1st 2yo handicap 1200m Te Rapa
2013 – Recite – SP$3.1 56.5kg BR1 – 3rd up, 6 wks, 1st G2 Wakefield Challenge Stks 1200m Trentham
2012 – Rollout The Carpet – SP$8.80 56.5kg BR3 – 4th up, 2 weeks, 1st 2yo handicap 1200m Te Rapa
2011 – Anabandana – SP$2 56kg BR1 – 4th up, 7 weeks, 1st Group 3 Eclipse Stakes 1200m Ellerslie
1. Sassy ’N’ Smart: Unbeaten filly that has showed a promising turn of foot at the end of her race on two occasions. She is already a stakes winner having won the Listed Welcome Stakes at Riccarton back in November 14. The form out of that race has been encouraging considering she easily defeated What Choux Want, who has since finished a close fifth in the Karaka Million. Only query may be the 1200m given her two runs have been at 800m and 1000m. Her recent trial suggests she is up to the mark.
2. What Choux Want: Has been beaten twice in two attempts by Sassy ’N’ Smart but now has the advantage of two solid runs at 1200m, where the favourite is resuming fresh. She produced a huge run in the Karaka Million, finishing fifth after bombing the start. Inside draw is a big positive as she should get a tactical advantage over Sassy ’N’ Smart if she can jump cleanly.
3. O’Rachael: Was a touch disappointing a fortnight ago at Te Rapa when third behind Wyndspelle and Shenandoah considering the run she had in transit. Parked in behind the leaders, got clear at the top of the straight without doing much work and then was gunned down late. She had previous defeated Sacred Elixir at Ellerslie and that form ties in with What Choux Want.
9. Rosa Carolina: Only had the one career start and looked open to improvement when second in a 1000m contest at Trentham behind Heroic Valour. Trial prior suggested she has good ability and the rise in distance to 1200m could be ideal. Looks a touch short in betting at $5.50 at level weights.
** Speed Maps courtesy of www.racingandsports.com.au
Good Luck Backing & Laying.
The Betfair Insider