Inter Dominion Heats Round 2 @ Bunbury, Tuesday December 1.
Track Circumference: 960m
IMPORTANT: Sprint Lane NOT in Operation. Front line: 8 runners.
Below is the current points tally after Round 1 of the Inter Dominion heats held last Friday.
The top Nine Horses will contest the final after three rounds of heats.
|Heat Night 1|
|DEVENDRA (NSW)||HEAT 1||1||14|
|LENNYTHESHARK (VIC)||HEAT 2||1||14|
|PHILADELPHIA MAN (VIC)||HEAT 3||1||14|
|AVONNOVA (QLD)||HEAT 3||2||11|
|OUR BLACKBIRD NZ (WA)||HEAT 2||2||11|
|WAYLADE NZ (WA)||HEAT 1||2||11|
|FLAMING FLUTTER NZ (VIC)||HEAT 2||3||9|
|LOVERS DELIGHT NZ (WA)||HEAT 3||3||9|
|SHANNONSABLAST (NSW)||HEAT 1||3||9|
|CLASSIC AMERICAN NZ (WA)||HEAT 2||4||7|
|CRUSADER BANNER NZ (WA)||HEAT 3||4||7|
|JASON RULZ NZ (WA)||HEAT 1||4||7|
|BETTORS FIRE NZ (WA)||HEAT 3||5||6|
|BLAZIN N CULLEN NZ (NSW)||HEAT 2||5||6|
|MACHTU NZ (WA)||HEAT 1||5||6|
|FOR A REASON (WA)||HEAT 1||6||5|
|FRANCO LEDGER NZ (VIC)||HEAT 3||6||5|
|MACH ALERT NZ (QLD)||HEAT 2||6||5|
|LIBERTYBELLE MIDFREW NZ (WA)||HEAT 1||7||4|
|MACH BEAUTY (NSW)||HEAT 3||7||4|
|MAJOR CROCKER (VIC)||HEAT 2||7||4|
|COLD MAJOR (VIC)||HEAT 3||8||3|
|MY HARD COPY NZ (WA)||HEAT 2||8||3|
|OUR HI JINX NZ (QLD)||HEAT 1||8||3|
|EASY ON THE EYE NZ (NSW)||HEAT 1||9||2|
|FIVE STAR ANVIL NZ (VIC)||HEAT 2||9||2|
|NORTHVIEW PUNTER NZ (WA)||HEAT 3||9||2|
|BILLIES A STAR NZ (WA)||HEAT 2||10||1|
|DYNAMITE DUDE (WA)||HEAT 1||10||1|
|MEADOWBRANCH DJ IRL (IRELAND)||HEAT 3||10||1|
Runner & Comment:
- Franco Legend: Gets the perfect draw to improve on the quiet run in Round 1. Likely sit on the leaders back.
- My Hard Copy: Gary Hall runner fancied pre-series. Sit-sprinter that couldn’t get into the race in his first heat, was off the track the last lap. Should be finishing hard.
- Mach Beauty: Predicted early speed battle took its toll on Friday. Should find the front easier here and back to the mile a plus.
- Billies A Star: May be forced to go and sit outside the speed again here. Tough ask from there.
- Bettors Fire: Stuck on OK in heat after early speed burn. Not sure where he maps here, Maybe going back early is the best option to obtain maximum points?
- Major Crocker: Had the perfect trail into it last time behind the series favourite, failed to finish off. Best chance is to roll forward, may get the chair with a lap to go.
- Our Hi Jinx: Once again draws poorly. Impossible to make ground on Friday from where he was. May be in the same predicament here.
- Cold Major: Was poor after getting cover in the only heat favoured by backmarkers. Long odds.
- Crusader Banner: No doubt Junior will stick to the pegs and race for luck. Outside place chance.
- Our Blackbird: Could not have had an easier run in the heat. Will have to be driven for luck to run a place. Not for me.
MACH BEAUTY looks to get the lead fairly easily here, after working too hard in the early stages on Friday and back to the mile, should be able to get the peg runners into the straight. More suited at the mile, but the bigger track here will see fast times and I hope that Friday’s effort will have taken its toll. Expecting Betfair Lay punters to take this runner on with $3 or higher available by Tuesday afternoon. FRANCO LEDGER should have no problem getting the leaders back, and with it likely that nobody will be applying much pressure in the death seat, should be able to get out when the leader kicks around the turn. CRUSADER BANNER will be three back the pegs, looks a good place chance. MY HARD COPY will be flashing late but will need some cover down the back. I’m just a little wary from the draw that he may have to lead up the 3 wide train or get shuffled back. With that in mind he’s a Lay at the early market price. The draw looks to take the rest of the runners out of play over the mile. OUR HI JINX will have to go back early, and may be able to improve on his recent effort where it was impossible to make ground last Friday.
Runner & Comment:
- Northview Punter: Will gets an easy peg run here but looks very rough place chance.
- Easy On The Eye: Possesses good gate speed and looks the likely leader early. Managed to get an easy run after doing work early Friday and will benefit from being back to the mile here and handing up to Lenny. Can’t win.
- Lennytheshark: Asserted his tag as deserved favourite for the series on Friday and should just roll to the top here. Will be short but painless.
- Meadowbranch DJ: An overseas visitor who looks severely outclassed in the series. If you have enough money in your account don’t be scared to lay at the huge odds.
- Libertybelle Midfrew: Went to the line untested in the heat. Best chance to run a place here is to move early to the chair. Not for me.
- Shannonsablast: Chased hard in the heat but that’s the best possible result again. Likely to go forward, probably gets mid-race cover with a middle of the field finish most likely here.
- Lovers Delight: Enjoys gate speed and used it well to gain good points last Friday. Drawn out here and looks tested with no chance of getting the lead or cheap pegs run on the speed.
- Avonnova: Ran a great race in the heat that I think may have been too much. Possess gate speed but I think will have to work to get to the chair and if he goes back it’s hard to see the back markers getting into it.
- Waylade: Did it tough in the heat when driven aggressively. Will need to get off the pegs at some stage. I’m tipping the drive will be very quiet with the team hoping for maximum points in the third round of heats.
- Jason Rulz: Finished off nicely after held up late in the first round on Friday. Gets a good trailing draw in this one and will finish hard again.
LENNYTHESHARK should just roll to the front after EASY ON THE EYE crosses to the rail first. Unless Hall Jnr decides to come to the chair and apply pressure again with WAYLADE, it looks to be another run of maximum points for Lenny. With the way the third round draw is done I can’t see them driving WAYLADE that way. In that case a quiet run looks on the cards. To be honest, if EASY ON THE EYE gets across and hands up, it SHOULD run a place which is entirely better than what we saw on Friday. I just don’t see any pressure coming in the race to Lenny. JASON RULZ should have an easy run in the running line and will be finishing hard again. Hard to say with the rest but this race is set up nicely for Lenny.
Runner & Comment:
- Dynamite Dude: Looks to be a super draw for him. Looked no chance in the heat when driven quietly last time and will get a cheap pegs run. A very big chance to run a place at huge odds.
- For A Reason: A veteran that won’t have the speed to get across the pole. Raced flat in the heat with its best racing looking to be behind him.
- Mach Alert: Has good gate speed. I think he will be able to lead early and make Davendra work for the lead, may even want to hold up. Not too sure if he can win with any pressure or if handing up but can certainly be a thorn in the side of Davendra.
- Davendra: Tough win on Friday when he showed good gate speed. Likely to get the front again but will have to work for it in my opinion. He was unwanted in the series pre-heats which would have have taken it out of him.
- Machtu: Hit the line well when held up the last quarter on Friday after a soft pegs run. Not sure where he maps and too many question marks. A place looks the likely option.
- Classic American: Will probably be eased again here and be driven very quietly. He finished off well on Friday and with a similar pattern looks the best way to drive him in this class to gain the most points.
- Blazin N Cullen: Sit-sprinter that will go back that will benefit from the likely early speed battle. Will get a good cart up from Philadelphia Man. Looks to be a good chance at big odds after a mighty impressive drive on Friday.
- Flaming Flutter: Had every chance on Friday when heavily supported but was beaten fair and square by Lenny. Too hard from this draw.
- Philadelphia Man: Freak Victorian that was great in winning his opening round heat. Will probably have to cart up the three wide line again but see no reason he can’t repeat Friday’s effort.
- Five Star Anvil: Had an easy run on Friday and was out at the right time but didn’t run on at all. Was very poor and I can’t see the improvement necessary off that run.
A quality betting affair. I simply cannot see DAVENDRA coming off that tough effort on Friday and getting an easy lead with too many horses in need of points. MACH ALERT can fire off the arm and may even hold him out. DYNAMITE DUDE will be leaders back or three pegs and may be finish hard at a big price. Something small on the place may be worthwhile here. Friday’s winner PHILADELPHIA MAN has a shocking draw and will most likely have to work again but has the class to do it. The one that looks a huge price for me with the poor draw is BLAZIN N CULLEN. He will go back and get a cart into it. Be on the lookout for him flashing late on the bigger track but that’s where the race drops off for mine. This one looks to be an intriguing battle but all signs appear that they will make DAVENDRA too hard. Most of the betting circulates around laying DAVENDRA.