Feature Race Analysis
Axis is Australia’s leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong. www.ratings2win.com.au
R8 Cranbourne Cup, 2025m LR QLTY $300,000
Currently rated Good 4, Rail is in the true position in from the 9m at the last meeting here. Showers clearing Friday, partly cloudy on Saturday and mainly fine conditions on race day should ensure a track at the commencement of the meeting no worse than a Good 4. The predicted winds are light which won’t impact. There have been 22 meetings with this rail position in the last 1008 days. Based on the predicted conditions, the track could advantage horses racing handy to the pace and away from the fence in the straight.
Keep an eye on Twitter @PaulD01 for any updates during the day.
For Sunday’s race, the R2W Early Speed Map below predicts an Above Average tempo.
Early Speed Map
Map Notes: Starts in a Shute in the home straight with a long enough run to the first of a large double turn. With decent speed drawn across the field (those runners drawn wider that have early speed) will need to make decisions early.
Early fixed odds markets have five runners single figure odds, the R2W has three. The betting is headed by Lizzie Lamour with the import Folkswood and Nozomi together on the second line. Ecuador and Cool Chap are the other main market chances.
|11||Count Da Vinci||7G||David Pires||54||92||$11.2|
|5||Lizzie Lamour||5M||Damien Oliver||57||105||$12.3|
|10||Our Century||7G||Beau Mertens||54||93||$15.3|
|8||Cool Chap||5G||Regan Bayliss||55||97||$16.3|
|17||Spanish Reef||4M||Ben E Thompson||54||78||$16.6|
|16||Oncidium Ruler||6G||Ethan Brown||54||83||$32.6|
|15||Red Alto||5G||Michael Walker||54||87||$48.3|
|7||Big Memory||8G||Luke Currie||55.5||98||$59.8|
|12||Grey Lion||6H||Dean Yendall||54||92||$304.0|
2. Folkswood: Import from the Charlie Appleby stable making his debut in Australia. Has a decent amount of early speed if required and from a tricky draw will no doubt look to press forward. If he finds a favourable on pace position early, he looks the logical favourite based on his overseas figures. Respect any late betting moves.
9. Nozomi: Got well back last time and ran on strongly but was suited by the pace shape of the race. Steps up in trip which isn’t a problem but offers no value on current prices.
1. Ecuador: Was suited by the on-pace bias last start. Looks one of the most likely to contest the lead but my concern is that his best ratings are when there is less pressure than what he faces here.
11. Count Da Vinci: Boxed on well off an above average pace last start behind Cool Chap. At his third run back this preparation he can perform competitively.
5. Lizzie Lamour: Was shuffled right back last start before running on well against the sectionals and bias. That run has stamped her early favourite for this. Whilst her run was full of merit, I must question whether the $5.00 current price is fair. She could win this but at the odds I must look elsewhere.
©ratings2win Pty Ltd 2017. Printed under licence to Betfair Pty Ltd. This document is for personal use only and must not be reproduced. This information is supplied “as is” and is to be used for general guidance only. Use of this information is entirely at your own risk. Neither Betfair nor ratings2win make any representations or warranties of any kind, including but not limited to, the accuracy, quality or completeness of the information contained herein. All intellectual property contained in this Feature Race Analysis is owned by ratings2win Pty Ltd. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit Betfair’s Responsibility Gambling Policy.