Current Track Rating: Good 4
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Friday 3rd – Max 23°C. Showers (3-15mm)
Saturday 4th – Max 25°C. Rain (30-80mm)
R6 QTC Cup Group 2 1300m Quality
- 6 of the past 10 winners have been 4yo’s
- 5 of the past 10 winners SP favourites have won the race
- 5 of the past 5 winners have carried 56.5kg or less, Falkirk was the last 3yo Colt 2004
- 3 of the past 5 winners have been 4 weeks or more between runs
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
Good 3, Rail +5 (Doomben)
1st Ball of Muscle – BR 1 56.5kg SP $3.30 – 3rd up, 5 weeks, 2nd Victory Stakes Group 2 1200m Gold Coast
2nd That’s A Good Idea – BR 8 57.5kg SP $3.70 – 2nd up, 2 weeks, 1st Ortensia Stakes LR 1150m Scone
3rd Kuro – BR 2 57kg SP $3.70 – 5th up, 3 weeks, 1st Mick Dittman Stakes LR 1200m Doomben
Good 3, True
1st Sacred Star – BR 4 54.5kg SP $5.50 – 1st up, 13 weeks, 2nd NRM Sprint Group 1 1400m Te Rapa
2nd Masthead – BR 8 53kg S P$7 – 3rd up, 2 weeks, 4th Luskin Star LR 1300m Scone
3rd Bennetta – BR 5 53kg SP $5.50 – 3rd up, 4 weeks, 6th All Aged Stakes Group 1 1400m Randwick
Soft 6, Rail +3.5
1st Galah – BR 10 53kg SP $5.50 – 2nd up, 4 weeks, 8th The Goodwood Group 1 1200m Morphettville
2nd Conservatorium – BR 14 56.5kg SP $17 – 3rd up, 4 weeks, 8th The Goodwood Group 1 1200m Morphettville
3rd Griffon – BR 2 53kg SP $11 – 3rd up, 1 week, 4th Chief De Beers LR 1110m Doomben
Celtic Dancer – BR 1 54.5kg SP $11 – 6th up, 2 weeks, 6th BRC Sprint Group 3 1350m Doomben
Varenna Miss – BR 15 53.5kg SP $13 – 2nd up, 2 weeks, 1st 2MW Hcp 1200m Doomben
3. Target In Sight: He’s fourth up with a nice fitness base heading into this race. He was an eye catcher in the BTC Cup when hitting the line hard behind Malaguerra. He’s handled soft tracks previously but a heavy could dull his sprint. He looks a great chance on dry and but just a good chance on the wet.
4. Snippets Land: This 5YO gelding is absolutely flying this prep. He won the BRC Sprint in good time. He too handles the wet but goes a length or two better on the dry. With a good fitness base under his belt he looks to be a great chance.
6. Kaepernick: A dynamic racehorse on his day, he returned with an impressive run at Scone when taking out The Ortensia eased down by 2.3L. The sloppy conditions expected will take away his x-factor which is to be ‘cuddled up and then drop’ on the rest of the field. At $3.50 I’d be prepared to lay.
11. Spill The Beans: He’s been up since February which actually isn’t the worst thing heading into a potential bottomless track. He’s an honest on speed type but has been racing against his own age and I’d be prepared to risk him on Saturday.
13. Sure and Fast: Only beaten 3.8L by Snippets Land in the BRC Sprint. He’s a noted wet tracker and has the most potential for upside from a fitness prospective