Feature Race Analysis
Axis is Australia’s leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate horse performance ratings for TAB meetings. www.ratings2win.com.au
R10 Queensland Oaks 2400m GP1 3YO F SW $500,000
Currently rated Good 4, but could well be chopped up by race 10. Rail is in the 3m position
Much discussion has been had in the lead up to the resumption of racing at Eagle Farm. A newly cambered, remodelled and resurfaced track could throw some surprise results. For form analysts the prospect of a possible shifty or uneven surface means favouring runners with not only the right form but race fitness. In that context nearly all runners engaged in this race have had at least two lead up runs however there are two that will be 2nd up into this race. There are 18 runners with 4 emergencies all hoping to get a start.
Tempo & Speed Map
The R2W Early Speed Map below predicts an Average to Above Average tempo.
Map Notes: Jockeys will endeavour to find their settling positions before the first turn out of the straight. Tim Clark will probably look to lead on Self Esteem. Daniel Griffin will most likely press forward on Zasorceress. Jason Collett can settle Imposing Lass with a nice trail. For those horses mapped midfield and worse there could easily be some change from the map positions with decisions to me made in respect of either going forward or back so as to avoid a wide trip.
The Official Handicap suggests Ambience has a dominant advantage over her rivals. Whilst the Hr rating tends to have significant predictive relevance in these races, James McDonald faces the dilemma of what to do given the difficult gate. The likelihood of a wide trip suggests that other factors could play a more important role in deciding this year’s contest. James McDonald and Hugh Bowman almost split the riding honours of Black Type races over the last 12 months with 73 wins between them. Each will need to call on all their skill to navigate their mounts from difficult gates.
4. Imposing Lass: Jason Collett maps perfectly here. If he can show patience he will get his chance to carry on the Baker stables top recent record. The price of $8+ last week when first suggested isn’t there anymore but anything north of our assessed price looks attractive.
12. Falkenberg: Has been targeted for this race. Blake Shinn replaces Damian Browne which is a plus. I thought this horse was ridden poorly last time after being slow out, can improve.
3. Kebede: Maps quite well, place chance.
1. Ambience: Nice filly but has a terrible draw, will require a terrific ride to be winning here. Does like a soft track. Forgive last start.
7. Self Esteem: Leads and usually competitive.
6. Sebring Sally: Drawn awkwardly means the likely prospect of a wide trip, but does have ability and has taken care of many of these at here most recent outing.
19. Provocative: Gets back from the draw assuming it gets a run here. Ratings profile suggests she would need to make significant improvement to feature.
15. Romantic Maid: Whilst she maps OK, this filly is another who would need to make significant improvement to feature as a winning chance.
10. Dawnie Perfect: Gets back which is problematical. Can be competitive on her best figures but looks poor value on current markets.
©ratings2win Pty Ltd 2016. Printed under licence to Betfair Pty Ltd. This document is for personal use only and must not be reproduced. This information is supplied “as is” and is to be used for general guidance only. Use of this information is entirely at your own risk. Neither Betfair nor ratings2win make any representations or warranties of any kind, including but not limited to, the accuracy, quality or completeness of the information contained herein. The Early Speed Map graphical format is provided to Betfair by Racing and Sports Pty Ltd. All intellectual property of the Early Speed Maps is owned by ratings2win Pty Ltd. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit Betfair’s Responsibility Gambling Policy.