Feature Race Analysis
Axis is Australia’s leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate horse performance ratings for TAB meetings. www.ratings2win.com.au
R6 Brisbane Cup 2400m GP2 HCP $300,000
Currently rated Good 4, but could well be chopped up by Race 6. Rail is in the 3m position.
Much discussion has been had in the lead up to the resumption of racing at Eagle Farm. A newly cambered, remodelled and resurfaced track could throw some surprise results. For form analysts the prospect of a possible shifty or uneven surface means favouring runners with not only the right form but race fitness. In that context all runners engaged in this race save for Sir John Hawkwood who is off a 28-day break have had at least two lead up runs. I am not concerned with the fitness level of Sir John Hawkwood as he is proven when his runs are spaced. There are 12 runners.
Tempo & Speed Map
The R2W Early Speed Map below predicts a Slow to Moderate tempo.
Map Notes: Ecuador looks to get an easy lead. Rudy can position closer. Puccini box seats. Brad Rawiller may need to make a decision early on Real Love.
Adam Hyeronimus has been rating Ecuador well in winning its last two. Gets his chance to add another black type win to take his tally to three wins from five rides over the last 12 months. David Vandyke who impresses me as a trainer has two runners engaged with one of them a real live chance.
1. Ecudor: Enjoys being able to dictate here in a slow to moderate tempo. Will be in this for a long way.
5. Sir John Hawkwood: Trained by David Vandyke. All three runs since resuming from a spell on 12/3 have been at 2000m which is an ideal grounding for this 2400m event.
6. Puccini: Maps well but will have to lift his ratings to a new level to be winning here. Not won since January 2015 in New Zealand.
3. Real Love: Consistent mare who has drawn a little awkwardly here and will need some luck to get a spot early. Been up since October 2015.
8. Benzini: Ran on fair at his Queensland debut, will need to improve and gets back midfield or worse on the fence. Local jockeys will not be doing Rosie Myers any favours.
©ratings2win Pty Ltd 2016. Printed under licence to Betfair Pty Ltd. This document is for personal use only and must not be reproduced. This information is supplied “as is” and is to be used for general guidance only. Use of this information is entirely at your own risk. Neither Betfair nor ratings2win make any representations or warranties of any kind, including but not limited to, the accuracy, quality or completeness of the information contained herein. The Early Speed Map graphical format is provided to Betfair by Racing and Sports Pty Ltd. All intellectual property of the Early Speed Maps is owned by ratings2win Pty Ltd. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit Betfair’s Responsibility Gambling Policy.