Current Track Rating: Dead 6
NB: With the rail back in the true position this can lead to a fast lane close to the rail when rains about, especially early on. Probably best to watch the first few races to see how the track is playing.
Weather Forecast: www.metservice.com
Friday 12th – Max 16°C. Partly cloudy.
Saturday 13th – Max 16°C. Showers.
R7 Foxbridge Plate Group 2 1200m WFA
2. Willie Cazals: Ex Hong-Kong galloper who has some form behind some handy horses, but over 1600m plus. Suspect stable will be targeting a race over the Hastings carnival. Best to watch.
4. Farm Boy: Another looking for further other but races well here. Trialled up strongly behind Saracino and could run a cheeky race if they are running on.
5. Southern Icon: Ticks all the boxes and looks to have come back even stronger this prep. Will either lead or trail depending on what the 3 years old (Saracino) does and looks toughest to beat.
6. Longchamp: Dominant performer on a heavy track at his last three starts, if that form can translate to a better track today, he can be player.
8. No More Tears: Should get conditions to suit and raced in good 3YO company last year prior to some mixed performances in Australia. No public trials, but suspect Stephen Marsh will have her ready for this.
11. Saracino: Tidy performer as a 2YO and is nominated for the Caulfield Guineas, Caulfield Classic & Cox Plate. Will take a decent 3YO to win at WFA this early in the season, but Murray Baker’s reputation speaks for itself. Will he be ready to fire over 1200m if his spring targets appear to be 1600m and beyond?