Awapuni & Riccarton Strategy
Rain forecast at all venues this Saturday, so track conditions should be monitored prior to investing. Staking is based on a 100 unit bank (so 1 unit = 1% of your betting bank).
R7 Fairdale Studs Fly | 1400M
8. Mabeel: Big effort last start after missing away in strong race and put up two huge runs prior over the Trentham carnival. Spratt just needs to get him over from the draw ok to take this out.
R3 Bullerites 3YO | 1000M
1. Enzo’s Lad: Nice when winning here back in February over 1200m running time, back to 1000m should be no problem with his early pace and looks the benchmark here.
8. First Serve: Impressive trial prior to soft debut win here, pretty green but looks to have a bit under the tank and is the biggest danger to the stablemate.
R5 NZWTA LTD-BM75 | 1400M
6. Bruegel: Still doing plenty wrong, but still winning races. Beat a pretty decent benchmark last start at Wingatui running time. Home track on Saturday, still no guarantees to put it all together, but that may not matter.
3. Big Hoss: Strong travelling front runner who is probably best over the mile, but fresh up today over the 1400m may well get an uncontested lead and be tough to catch.