Current Track Rating: Good 3/Dead 4
Weather Forecast: www.metservice.com
Friday 2nd – Max 16, showers easing (1.5mm)
Saturday 3rd – Max 18, fine
R4 Wakefield Challenge Stakes 1100m
Tempo: Lightly raced 2 y/o’s means a likely fast pace and a frenetic race
3.Gift Of Power – Has early speed, is very professional and a strong will to win. Has had a look down the Shute and unless a competitor has improved remarkably I’m confident this filly will win easily.
4.Melody Belle – On exposed form appears as the only danger to the favourite butneeds to significantly improve its debut speed figure which is possible.
It is 2yo racing, so sharp improvement can be made but it’s extremely hard to go past the favourite
1. Volstock’n’barrel – OK in Queensland when last seen without getting all favours. Has trialled up solidly this preparation and should map to get run of the race. If he’s back to his best he’s the one to beat.
2. Julinsky Prince – Has won this race previously and will be two or three wide with cover here. With a favourable run he can be in the finish.
4. Ringo – Solid in the Couplands and will get a soft run along the fence. Will run top 5-6.
6. El Pescado – Good behind Kawi over the Hastings carnival and may want a softer surface. It also must be said that he was well-beaten by Abidewithme last start.
7. Nashville – Goes well here and will get back and come late as a first four player.
8. Battle Time – Strong win in the Couplands and will be up and on the speed with Sam Spratt riding again. Will race in the ‘sweet spot’ and looks hard to beat.
9. Abidewithme – Will probably run the fastest closing sectionals but will need genuine pace and plenty of luck from barrier two. No doubting her current form though.