R7 James And Annie Sarten Memorial Stakes G2 SW 1400m
Tempo: Should be solid with the likes of Mongolian Falcon, Ugo Foscolo, Xiong Feng, Ichiban, Honey Rider, Royal Fashion all likely to take forward positions.
1. Mongolian Falcon: Was a dominant winner last start on a slow track, has form on a good track also and drawn to get a soft trip.
2. Ugo Foscolo: A winner here back in May and was solid again on the first day of the Hastings carnival. Didn’t handle the slow track last start.
3. Wyndspelle: Get back type who has decent form as a 2-Year-Old, was good two back and then didn’t handle the slow track last start.
4. Xiong Feng: Last year’s karaka million winner, has not had things go his way this prep. Interesting runner.
5. Barcelo: Didn’t handle the slow track last start, solid form prior.
9. Honey Rider: Good on day one at Hastings in what looks like a decent race, but then failed on the slow track at Weight-For-Age last start. Expect a big form reversal here on top of the ground.
11. Bella Gioia: Rocketed home last start after drawing wide behind Honey Rider. Impressed winning here as a 2-Year-Old back in July.