Current Track Rating: Dead 4 or Good 3 (By Saturday Afternoon)
Weather Forecast: www.metservice.com
Friday 4th – Max 16, Mostly sunny with a few showers developing in the evening
Saturday 5th – May 18, Mainly fine with a risk of a shower in the afternoon
R7 2000 Guineas G1 3YO SW 1600m
Tempo: Looks solid with 3-4 possible leaders
1. Heroic Valour: His Ashburton run was disappointing last start would need to find a few lengths on that to be competitive, Matthew Cameron opts for the stablemate which is a good lead.
2. Ugo Foscolo, 3. Mongolian Falcon & 5. Wyndspelle: All came out of the Sarten Memorial Stakes at Te Rapa last time and I don’t think there is much between the three with riding tactics and barriers deciding the outcome of that race. All three are winning chances with Mongolian Falcon the shortest of the three and no value at $3.00.
4. Hall of Fame: Matthew Cameron on is the guide needed from the Te Akau team. Hall Of Fame has been beating up average fields but running good time. The only real contender with Riccarton experience and will be on pace and out of trouble.
6. Cha Siu Bau: Soft wins at his last two in weaker company but did it easy. Obviously needs improvement which is likely so rates as a strong chance.
8. Jon Snow: Hard to get a line on this bloke, only one start as a 3yo and that was on a slow track. The money did come that day and Opie Bosson’s first ride back from Hong Kong for Murray Baker and Andrew Forsman rings alarm bells at double figure odds.
9. Oreillys Choice: Runs closing sectionals of a good horse but is always giving away a big start, if the go crazy up front could surprise but will need a split having drawn inside.