R8 Windsor Park Plate G1 WFA 1600m
1. Kawi: Dominant winner of the Makfi Challenge G1 over 1400m and up to the mile on a better surface will suit even better. With an ok run from a tricky draw is the one to beat.
3. Authentic Paddy: Didn’t get all favours last start better suited at the mile, will sit somewhere near pace and if the tempo slow enough can fill a place.
4. El Pescado: Chased home Kawi here last start and if forecast showers hit can be a player again.
5. Farm Boy: Solid performer last start running home behind Kawi, but doubtful there will be enough tempo in this race for him to feature.
7. Rasa Lila: Talented mare who can unleash some quick sectionals when in the mood. Would prefer to see her in fillies and mares grade.
12. Capella: A bit plain first start in the Makfi, but prefers better going and up to the mile will suit. With the right run can be thereabouts.
13. Mime: Pretty stiff last start in the Makfi, never seeing daylight. Should position up on pace and with more luck in running today can be in the finish.
All things being equal it’s hard to see Kawi being beaten but at $1.85 expect a drift. Will bet around the value unless there’s a big drift.