Current Track Rating: Good 3/Good 4
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Sunday 25th – Max 19c. Cloudy Periods.
Monday 26th – May 19c. Mainly Fine.
R6 Eight Carat Classic G2 1600m
Even/Solid. I Am Gracie the likely leader
1. Volpe Veloce: Undefeated filly that appears bombproof, proven on all surfaces. She races handy and has drawn to get the right run again. Clearly the one to beat and likely to have improved off her last run.
2. Devise: Flew the gates last time to box seat and will sit handy again here. Still very green but is progressive.
6. Story Time: Not disgraced behind Volpe Veloce last time and will get a better run this time from barrier one. However, third consecutive start at a mile is a big concern.
7. Date Night: Wide early but won softly in her lead up at this venue which is a big advantage. Step up to a mile should suit but needs luck again off a wide draw.
9. Princess Sapphire: Will appreciate more tempo here and can improve but might need even further.
1. Volkstok’n’barrell: Missed the start badly in his lead up and did a terrific job to finish within three lengths of the winner. Expect him to box seat and be hard to beat with imposing stats second up and at this course and distance
2. Saint Emilion: Will sit on speed be there a very long way. Just not sure it’s the right form line.
3. Authentic Paddy: Solid lead up a month between runs and can run a big race if he can find cover.
4. Hasselhoof: Kawi won last year jumping 1400 to 2000m last year on the back up. Two weeks between runs for this galloper and can win but looks short early at $4.50.
6.Abidewithme: Hard to see her turning the tables on the Volkstock’n’barrell off their latest start. Will be back and buried the fence.
8. Lady Le Fay: Have to respect the Australian form. Prefer to place.
9. Girl Of My Dreams: Leader. Who went very close this track and distance in march. Will improve and is a knockout.