Current Track Rating: Dead 4 or 5 (By Saturday Afternoon)
Weather Forecast: www.metservice.com
Friday 16th – Sunny, max 18c
Saturday 17th – Sunny, max 23c
R6 Manawatu Cup G3
Slow/even, with only one or two possible leaders
1. King Kamada: Second in this last year and looks to be back to form running on solidly here last start. Sure to be somewhere in the finis given a good run in transit.
2. Sampson: Tough old grinding stayer, probably set for this, top-four finish most likely.
3. Chocante: Very promising stayer, put up a huge effort winning the last start sitting 3 wide no cover the trip and looks very hard to beat.
4. Five To Midnight: Another very exciting young stayer, Dominant win last start and will be competitive in all cups races this season.
Hard to see anything outside of the above four named horses wining and happy to go with the progressive two.
1. Iamishwara: Off the scene for a long period, but handy at best. Trialled up solidly but first up for over a year at WFA is a query.
2. Ringo: Solid performer this prep. Should be thereabouts again.
3. Scapolo: Has the ability to win on his day, another who will be thereabouts with the right run.
4. Mighty Solomon: Chased home Kawi in this race last year, but unsighted since January. Has trialled up and if at peak, can win.
10. Summer’s Day: Impressive through the winter and seems to cop a good track as well. Will get a soft trip from the draw and if taking the next step up can feature.
A few chances with luck in running important.