Current Track Rating: Good 4
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Friday 25th – Max 23, sunny. 5% chance of rain.
R6 Wodonga Cup 1590m Open HCP
- 4 of past 5 winners have been 5th up or deeper in their preparation
- 4 of past 5 winners raced at between 1400-1600m
- 3 of past 5 winners raced at Metropolitan tracks at their last start
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
Master Reset – 5th up, 4 weeks 3rd BM78 1600m Moonee Valley
Minnie Downs – 5th up, 2 weeks 10th Summoned StakesG3 1500m Sandown
Stratigraphy – 5th up, 4 weeks 7th BM90 1400m Flemington
Zabisco – 2th up, 4 weeks 12th BM78 1400m Flemington
Jetconi – 5th up, 2 weeks 2nd BM72 1600m Wangaratta
2. Entre Nous: A strong winner at BM78 level last start at Moonee Valley and has already won at this track. Jumps 5.5kg on his Wangaratta Cup win over Ashdam and Murdoch’s Joy but looks to be at the top of his game. Maps strongly and is the clear danger to the favourite.
7. Loyalty Man: Lightly raced with only 13 starts to his name, Loyalty Man was an unlucky fourth at BM96 level over the Flemington Carnival behind Boom Time. He gets into this race nicely fourth up from a good draw and looks set to control the race on speed. While deemed ‘hard to catch’ by many punters, Mike Moroney has an outstanding record with SP favourites and is a highly profitable betting proposition under those conditions.
8. London Fog: A last start winner at Geelong at BM84 level, recording strong figures off a slow tempo and really couldn’t have done much more. This looks a bridge too far given how well Entre Nous and Loyalty Man position in run, but if there’s an upset, he could be it.