Current Track Rating: Good 4
Rail: Out 5m
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Friday 9th – Max 17, possible shower. 60% chance of rain (0-1mm)
Saturday 10th – Max 21, cloudy. 20% chance of rain (0-mm)
R7 Werribee Cup 2030m Handicap
- 4 of past 5 winners have 6th up or more
- 2 of past 5 winners have come via the Zipping Classic or Sandown Cup
- 3 of past 5 winners have carried 59kg or more
- 5 of past 5 winners have drawn barrier 5 or closer
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
Tall Ship – SP $2.05 59kg BR 5 – 6th up, 4 weeks 2nd Zipping Classic G2 2400m Sandown
Cadillac Mountain – SP $3.50 54kg BR 1 – 4th up, 2 weeks 6th BM90 2000m Flemington
Pelicano – SP $7.50 60kg BR 5 – 8th up, 3 weeks 2nd LR 2200m Ballarat
Unusual Suspect – SP $11 60.5kg BR 4 – 7th up, 4 wks 3rd Sandown Cup LR 3200m Sandown
Montahlia – SP $6.00 55.5kg BR 1 – 8th up, 5 weeks 2nd 0-89 3000m Moonee Valley
1. Lidari: Was the $6 favourite in the Ballarat Cup but did not handle the brutal speed. The drop back to 2030m is ideal and the Weir camp can turn a runner around like no other stable.
4. Tooleybuc Kid: Racing in good form placed in the both Ararat and Traralgon Cup’s. Drops 5kg’s on those two performances and has won four times over 2000m. Will get every favour from Barrier 1 and be in the finish.
5. High Church: Has put in two great lead up runs coming into this. Running on strong in the Eclipse before another fast finishing effort behind Boom Time at Moonee Valley. Drops 5kg on his last run and despite the profile favouring top weights slightly, this galloper is on a solid upward spiral and will map favourably from barrier three.