Current Track Rating: Dead 4
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Friday 13th – Max 21c. Morning cloud then sunny.
Saturday 14th – Max 18c. Cloudy.
R7 Levin Classic G1 1600m
1. Savile Row: Runner up in NZ Guineas over 2000m. Then won well off the freshen back to 1200m. Will get every favour in running behind the speed and will be in the finish.
2. Hall Of Fame: Will kick up and lead from barrier one and bounced back off a failure in the Guineas with a good win over 1400m at Ellerslie. That looks the perfect foundation for this and he looks very hard to beat.
3. Lincoln Blue: Looking for three wins straight and the drop back from 2100m to 1600m is a big concern for me despite him being a month between runs. Chance but may be posted wide on settling.
11. Excalibur: Finally broke his maiden at Waikato but suspect he’ll be looking for further than a mile.
13. Story Time: She’s a filly with plenty of scope and must be thriving to be lining up here. Would prefer her at 2000m.