Current Track Rating: Soft 5
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Friday 16th – Max 25, rain. 90% chance of rain (5-15mm)
Saturday 17th – Max 33, showers, possible storm. 70% chance of rain (1-5mm)
5:00 pm – Razor Sharp 1200m LR 3YO+ Handicap
- 1 of past 5 winners have been 1st up
- 2 of past 5 winners have come via the Starlight Stakes
- 1 of past 5 winner have SP’d greater than $10
- 4 of past 5 winners carried 57kg or more
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
2015 – Cradle Me 58kg SP $41 – 2nd up, 2 weeks 5th Starlight Stakes LR 1100m Rosehill
2014 – Our Boy Malachi 57kg SP $1.80 – 3rd up, 2 weeks 1st Starlight Stakes LR 1100m Rosehill
2013 – Aeronautical 58kg SP $5.50 – 1st up, 10 weeks 9th Gilgai G2 1200m Flemington
2012 – Adebisi 54.5kg SP $4.40 – 3rd up, 2 weeks 5th G Moore Stakes G3 1200m Eagle Farm
2011 – News Alert 57kg SP $9 – 2nd up, 3 weeks 5th Welter 1100m Canterbury
3. Kuro: Was the winner of the traditional lead up race the ‘Starlight Stakes’ in comfortable fashion at Rosehill two weeks ago. It’s a solid formline with the highly touted Nietta running 2nd. Kuro is 2 from 6 at Randwick and is in career best form. He’s a solid benchmark leading into this race but does travel a touch keenly so the slight jump to 1200m is of some concern.
9. I Am Zelady: Is one of three horses first up here with Aeronautical being the last to win the race first up only three years ago. Put in a fairly plain campaign last time in but was quickly sent to the paddock. Resumes here after a couple of quiet trials and could be in the race if fully would up.
11. His Majesty: Goes well first up (3 wins from 5 starts) and is two weeks between runs, just as Aeronautical was. A quality horse with scintillating burst of speed who looks wound up with two trials. Very hard to beat.
14. Weatherly: An interesting runner from the select Messara yard. This 3YO colt won the Talindert Stakes. Has trialled up nicely for this and is certainly a hard horse to line up after only three starts. If he has improved from his 2YO form, he can find himself winning this race with the blinkers being applied for his return indicating he’s here to win.