Race 8 Vic Peters Classic Final – 520m
Track Record: Shakey Jakey 29.07 (6/4/2014)
2015- Zambora Brockie
2014- Lucy Lobster
2013- Belfast Johnny
2012- Proven Nitro
2011- Spring Gun
BENTEKE has come up trumps here with a fantastic draw and should look ideally to hold a first position going into the first turn. He made some mistakes early last week and I believe he can make amends here. He has been racing in top company for several months and I expect that experience to shine through. MISTER TWISTER is currently the boom pup of New South Wales and has yet to be defeated and he keeps improving with every start, even with poor box draws. He is again drawn poorly here and there is enough pressure from the outside to suggest his bubble may burst, but I want to have something on him just in case.
ANDO’S MAC has been the punters elect throughout the series and he hasn’t looked like losing so far. The draw here isn’t ideal with plenty of early burn either side of him and I am prepared to work around him, but I am not game to lay him. REVIEWER has led all the way in his heat and semi win but have been from more favorable draws, I just can’t see him crossing cleanly. SRIXON has a good record out wide but I can see him being posted off the track and finding trouble. I can’t see him winning.
CLOCK’S TICKING has shown great versatility in recent runs and if he found the lead early he could run a cheeky race. WICKED WARRIOR has been hit or miss at box rise of late and is very powerful at the end of his races, I just don’t see him getting a chance to wind up here and I am keen to take him on. CHASER has been finishing his races strongly but I would be staggered if he could win this final.
Field & Stats
1. Benteke: Best 29.67 (13/8/16). Ran best first split of 5.57 this series but has first split of 5.49 from this draw. 4 wins from 4 starts this draw. 8 of 9 Top 3 finishes over this circuit. Group 1 Adelaide Cup finalist.
2. Chaser: Best 29.96 (31/8/16). Best first split of 5.54. Only 2 wins from 13 starts this trip. 2 times in the money from 4 starts this draw. 2 of 4 career wins have come from Boxes 1-2.
3. Wicked Warrior: Best 29.80 (15/10/16). Best first split of 5.46 also recorded in heat win. Great record over this trip, 5 wins from 7 starts. 3 wins from 5 starts this draw.
4. Clock’s Ticking: Best 29.87 (22/10/16). Best first split of 5.47, also in semi final win. Has never missed a placing from this draw (5 starts). Won both his heat and semi final. Been in the money in 22 of 28 starts.
5. Mister Twister: Best 29.94 (22/10/16). Recorded PB first split of 5.47 in semi final win. 5 wins from 5 starts. 2 of these wins from this draw. Youngest chaser in field. Winner of Super Maiden Series at The Gardens.
6. Ando’s Mac: Best 29.65 (11/6/16). Ran a first split of 5.41 in heat win. Sensational 6 wins from 8 starts this trip. Has won past 7 of 8 starts. Has never placed from this draw in 2 starts.
7. Reviewer: Best 29.97 (22/6/16). Ran a first split of 5.44 in semi final last week. Has won both heat and semi final. Has never missed a placing from Boxes 6-8. 4 wins from 7 starts over this circuit.
8. Srixon: Best first split here of 5.50. Runner Up in heat and semi final. In the money 4 times from 5 starts from this draw. Only 1 win from 9 starts over this trip. Most experienced chaser in field (33 starts).
9. Black Hole Sun: Best 30.20 (22/6/16). Best first split of 5.49. Only missed 1 placing in 7 starts. Best suited to a wide draw if gains a start, 2 wins from 2 starts Box 8.
10. Mack Tux: Best 30.13 (2/7/16). Has a best first split here of 5.44. 8 of 12 career wins have come from Boxes 1-4. Best suited to an outside draw if gains a start, 3 wins from 3 starts Box 7.