Race 6 Bold Trease Final – 715m
Track Record: Miata 41.17 (14/5/2012)
2015 – Bourbski Fever
2014 – Sweet It Is
2013 – Cheetah Zorro
2012 – Miata
2011 – Zipping Malfoy
Very open race with the pre-post “top seeds” all failing to make it through to the final. No greyhound could be ruled out of winning this race.
RAMIFICATIONS really caught my eye in his first Victorian start in his heat. He ran great time on the clock and he looks fairly certain to find a forward position. He may even lead and if he can avoid early pressure he has the class factor on this field. AVATAR JET hit the line really well in his first start over this distance range in his heat, he has plenty of upside and he should start very big odds on the exchange. JAIMANDY HATTY has had plenty of experience over this distance range, has a good record from this draw and was most unlucky in his heat where he found a stack of bother. He is right in this. SPRINGVALE BRYNE is a superb front running South Australian chaser who also looks well drawn out wide, she may be able to pinch an early break if there is any shuffle up behind her and would take beating. IT’S A FLING did have plenty of favours in her heat, however the time on the clock showed her class. I am banking on her finding some early trouble here and leaving her run too late this time around. IT’S A BIRD benefited from the inside draw in her heat and has come up trumps here again with the red, she should click through her gears nicely but I am willing to bet around her. KUTA’S LAD would need plenty of early luck from this squeeze draw but does have a big staying future and could place here. CACO POTION led all the way in his heat and scored a gutsy win. He is the fairy tale story of the race as this is the first dog newcomer Stefano Cassar has trained, to have a runner in this Group 1 Final is an extraordinary effort and there is no way I could say that he can’t win here.
Field & Stats
1. It’s A Bird Best 42.04 (11/8/16). Won her heat in 42.48 with a first split of 6.11. Had this draw in heat. Five times in the money from seven starts this draw. Three wins from five starts this trip.
2. Caco Potion Best 42.19. Ran this time in heat with a first split of 6.13. One win from two starts here. Two wins and two thirds from seven starts this draw. Newcomer Stefano Cassar’s first Group finalist.
3. Ramifications Best 42.09. Ran best time in heat win with a first split of 6.07. Heat win was first start with Jeff Britton kennel and in Victoria. Only one placing from five stars this draw. In the money in his past 11 starts in Western Australia.
4. Avatar Jet No best winning time. Ran 42.21 in heat with a first split of 6.07. Has equal least career wins in field with five. One win from this draw in three starts. Four of five career wins from Boxes 4-7.
5. Kuta’s Lad No best time. Runner up in heat running 42.56 with a first split of 6.35. Never finished worse than second from this draw in two starts. Youngest chaser in field.
6. Jaimandy Hatty Best 42.26 (6/10/16). Runner up in heat running 42.29 with a first split of 6.52. Has a great record from this draw with eight placings from 10 starts. Most experienced chaser over this trip (Nine starts).
7. Springvale Bryne Best 41.93 (2/6/16). Second in heat in 42.07 with a first split of 6.04 (quickest). Most prolific winner in field (24 wins). Has scored an amazing 15 wins over 731m at Angle Park.
8. It’s A Fling Best 41.89. Ran this time in heat (quickest). First split of 6.30. Unbeaten from this draw. Equal least career wins (five). All five wins have come from Boxes 5-8. Least experienced chaser in field.
9. Come on Fantasy (1st emergency) Best 41.87 (14/7/16). Ran third in heat in time of 42.07 with a first split of 6.15. Will be most experienced chaser in field if she gains a start.
10. Senator Monelli (2nd emergency) Best 42.17 (27/10/16). Third in heat running time of 42.30 with a first split of 6.27. Been in the money in 36 of 39 career starts. Can perform from any Box draw.