Current Track Rating: Good 3/4
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Saturday 31st – Max 24c, Partly Cloudy
Sunday 1st – Max 21, Cloudy with 60% chance of rain.
R6 Standish Hcp G3 1200m
1. Lord Aspen: Pulled up lame last time and before that string two wins together including a strong win at Flemington over 1400m. He loves the big open spaces and the 22-day freshen is a good setup for him. Will be in the right spot and can bounce back sharply.
2. Thermal Current: Races well first up despite never posting a win. Not completely convinced he’s a straight horse but the last time he tackled the straight it was a complete forgive. Brad Rawiller up the straight could be a negative.
3. Cavaloce: She’s a mare in a rich vein of form and her last start win needs to be seen to be believed. She dropped huge sectionals late and will be storming home hard again. If she can stay in touch is a winning chance but suspect she’ll drift to double figure odds.
4. Odyssey Moon: Convinced there’s two of him which makes him a hard betting proposition. Knockout out at 20/1 with good figure up the straight.
5. Rough Justice: Another well suited to straight racing and the only concern is dropping back from 1400m to 1200m. Damian Lane is a huge switch and the leaders could string the field out and be hard to run down.
6. Lohnrockstar: Has winning figures up the straight and comes here second which is the right set up for him. Just don’t think he’s close enough to career best form to beat these at level weights.
9. Divine Mr Artie: He got under the charge of a few good judges but the money for him didn’t miss first up this track and distance. He looks equally if not better suited by the race shape here, will get cover and deserves to be hard in the market after gapping his opposition last start.