Current Track Rating: Good 4
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Friday 2nd – Max 36. Hot and Mostly Sunny.
Saturday 3rd – Max 34. Hot and Sunny.
R8 George Moore Stakes G3 1200m
- NB: Race moved to Eagle Farm this year.
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
Didntcostalot – SP $3.40 57kg BR 4 – 6th up, 4 wk freshen 1st 65k HCP 1110m Doomben
Big Money – SP $4.20 57.5kg BR 4 – 3rd up, 5 wk fresh 9th Linlithgow G2 1200m Flemington
Lucky Hussler – SP $9.00 54kg BR 6 – 1st up, 21 weeks 5th Tatts Mile 1600m Doomben
Startsmeup – SP $6.50 57.5kg BR 8 – 1st up, 15 weeks 13th Warwick Stakes 1400m W Farm
Adebisi – SP $18 53kg BR7 – 2nd up, 2 weeks 1st BM90 50k 1000m Eagle Farm
1. Big Money: Races well first up so expect him to be very forward from his trial (was OK), as he’s kicked off earlier campaigns over 1000m where it’s arguable he’s better suited. There’s enough speed on for him to figure in the finish and he looks a fair price off an ideal draw.
2. That’s A Good Idea: Raced below his best last time (hopeless on a soft track) but drops 4kgs from that effort at Rosehill which. Can tuck in behind the speed with cover despite drawing barrier nine and can make his presence felt back on the dry.
3. Into The Red: Another who races well fresh and has strong stats over 1200m. He’s a much better horse at Doomben and on rain affected going.
4. Miss Cover Girl: Had an ideal set up last time winning the G1 Tatts Tiara 1400m to run a career peak in the best part of the track thanks to a superb Damien Browne ride. Has had two trials in Preparation for this, has an imposing first up record of six starts three wins three placings. Will get every favour looking at the race shape and will be in the finish.
8. Too Good To Refuse: Ran to a career peak last start and delivered on the promise he showed as a 3yo behind horses like Counterattack & Cylinder Beach. Will get back and need opportunities to present at the right time but being the 4yo horse in the field he’s open to further improvement. The big question is if he still wants to race over 1200m rather than further.
11. Most Important: Ultra Consistent gelding that gives himself every opportunity by racing up and on the speed. No knock his last start but this is another step up in class and he’ll have plenty of company with work to do from Barrier 11. He’s come up a mile too short at $4.80 in early betting and should be layed.