Current Track Rating: Soft 6
Rail: Out 7.5m 1000m–400m; Out 5m the Remainder
Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Friday 9th – Max 31, morning showers and possible storm. 80% chance of rain (6-20mm)
Saturday 10th – Max 26, possible shower. 30% chance of rain (0-0.4mm)
R8 Just Now Handicap 1300m Listed HCP
- 3 of past 5 winners have been 2nd up
- 3 of past 5 winners via Listed 1200m races in Queensland
- 5 of past 5 winners have carried 56.5kg or less
- 0 of past 5 winners have been more than 4 weeks between runs
NB: 2013,14,15 race held at Doomben
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
Slots – SP $5 54kg BR 2 – 6th up, 1 week 2nd BM85 1200m Rosehill
Tarloshan – SP $7.00 54kg BR 12 – 2nd up, 2 weeks 9th 1200m LR Doomben
Divine City – SP $5.00 56.5kg BR 6 – 7th up, 4 weeks 2nd Class 6 1300m Eagle Farm
Fire Up Fifi – SP $4.80 56kg BR 1 – 2nd up, 2 weeks 5th 1200m LR Eagle Farm
Dual Chamber – SP $4.60 55kg BR 2 – 2nd up, 2 weeks 4th 1200m LR Eagle Farm
1. Elegant Composure: A strong winner of the Colin McAlpine 1200m lead up race where she ran posted a strong overall time and fast closing splits taking her overall record to nine starts for seven wins. A very progressive horse and only needs to handle a likely wet track to win.
2. Beatniks: Finished well to Elegant Composure last start and drawing barrier ten could be ideal should they push to the outside fence which can happened on this new surface.
3. Ravi – She’s fourth up after a 39-day freshen up. All three runs this prep have had merit and been in strong company. Her second in the Sheraco at Listed level puts her right in this and has drawn well in Barrier six. Has also won on the wet so the conditionals appear ideal.
8. Madoti: Won a BM78 at Rosehill last start but prior form in Brisbane rates well below a number of these. I expect her to ease significantly in early betting.