Weather Forecast: www.bom.gov.au
Wednesday 27th – Max 33°C. Sunny with S/W winds 20-30km/h.
R6 Darwin Corporate Park Cup 1300m
Expecting there to be a heap of speed up front with the speedy Perfect Pause most likely leading Terio Tool. Mckenna has to be top pick here as he is in great form, this trip is ideal and he will get the best run in transit. Terio Tool whilst been thrown in the deep end is a definite contender who maps well.
- 4 of past 5 winners raced at 1300m or less in their lead up
- 4 of past 5 winners race in 0-70 class or better in lead up
- 4 of past 5 winners have carried 58.5kg or less
- 4 of past 5 winners have been 2-3 between runs
- 1 of past 5 winners have won 1st or 2nd up
Previous Winners & Lead Up Result
Ship’s Captain – BR 7 58kg SP $4.6 – 4th up, 2 weeks 5th SC 24k 1100m Darwin
Adynata – BR 11 58.5kg SP $26 – 12th up, 2 weeks 3rd 0-70 20k 1200m Darwin
Aberrant – BR 9 59kg SP $3.30 – 2nd up, 2 weeks 2nd 0-76 20k 1200m Darwin
No Hesitation – BR 14 54kg SP $26 – 5th up, 3 weeks 8th 0-70 19k 1600m Darwin
Pelican Head – BR 7 57.5kg SP $12 – 3rd up, 3 weeks 4th 0-76 18k 1300m Darwin
2. Statue Of Warriors: Has really taken a liking to the dirt surfaces since heading to the NT. Two runs this time back have only been fair and whilst the winkers go on there is a big concern about the drop back in trip as he does look a better miler than sprinter. Wouldn’t surprise but the race profile suggests a win is unlikely
3. Le Commandant: Mixed its form badly last preparation but still managed two wins. First up last year this same track and distance it won by six lengths in very quick time then ran a brave second in this race. It won a trial very easily in preparation for this and could be the knockout runner to defy the profile from a good position in running off a soft draw.
5. Mckenna: This horse has probably been the most improved horse in the ‘top end’ this year. It was a gallant second to inform Our Valdivia (Metric Mile winner) over the mile last start and that form has since been franked. From barrier one he will get all the favours in running and given its record over 1300m expect him to SP favourite.
6. Perfect Pause: Class runner who has won 14 races and is the likely leader here however it is very hard to see him running this distance on current form.
7. Pendles: Its form down in Victoria is more than good enough for a race like this and its first run on the dirt last start was more than satisfactory. The query is that it may get back from the awkward alley giving the main hopes too big a start.
10. Terio Tool: Former Brisbane galloper who has run well in both his only starts on this track albeit in weaker grade. The 1300m will suit him down to the ground and whilst up in class it still has plenty of upside given how well he can position in running. Gets a 3.5kg weight drop which might be enough to put him in the frame given he’s trained by one of Darwin’s best in Gary Clarke.
** Speed Maps courtesy of www.racingandsports.com.au
Good Luck Backing & Laying.
The Betfair Insider