R8 Gold Cup Final 710m
Track Record: Dashing Corsair 41.48 seconds (20/5/2010)
2014- Xylia Allen
2013- Destini Fireball
2012- He Knows Uno
2011- Bobby Boucheau
Dublin Bull looks to have returned to his best form and the Jeff Britton kennel has a knack of having their dogs trained to the minute. He was advantaged by the wide draw last start but he should be able to improve several lengths here having had a look at the track for the first time last week.
Ring The Bell should also take plenty of improvement from the run here last week and even though I prefer him from an inside draw, I have to include him based on his 1st split here last week. He could be out in front. Cyndie’s Magic is the most in form stayer in Queensland and will be the home turn hero, there is no way I could bet against her however I am banking on the Victorians gaining plenty of benefit from their heats and I have her just a rung below the best.
Vegas Bound gains a start but does not look well drawn and I expect him to get shuffled back early. Lovelace was enormous in just missing here last start but I just can’t get her terrible record from outside draws out of my mind and I have to take her on. My Boy Brodie and Obi Kenobi are quality chasers but I don’t think they are Group 1 winning dogs, they would need to get forward early and find a spot untouched on the rails to be any chance of winning. Abby’s Magic will be the despised outsider here and I can’t see her winning.
Field & Stats
1. Kilkee Flex: Scratched.
2. My Boy Brodie: Best 42.14, recorded this time in heat win, first split of 16.08. Five of 13 career wins from Boxes 1 & 2. Has won his past four.
3. Abby’s Magic: No best time. Ran 42.41 in heat with a first split of 15.82. Has not won in her past 13 starts. Does best racing this draw, four wins and two placings from seven starts.
4. Obi Kenobi: Best 42.34, recorded this time in heat win. First split of 16.21. Has not finished worse than third in his past seven starts. Never started from this draw before.
5. Dublin Bull: Best 42.32, ran this time when winning heat with a first split of 16.03. Second most career wins in field (16). Two from two from this draw.
6. Cyndie’s Magic: Best 42.03. (26/5/16). Won her heat in 42.12 with a first split of 16.38. Has most career wins in field (23). Has won her past four starts over this trip and past five overall.
7. Lovelace: No best time, runner up in heat with a time of 42.32, 1st split of 16.28. Has only 1 win from 17 starts Boxes 5-8. 1 win from outside boxes was from this draw.
8. Ring The Bell: No best time. Ran second in heat in 42.12. First split of 16.09. Six of 10 career wins from Boxes 5-7, however zero wins from five starts from Box 8. Second in heat of Sandown Cup recently.
9. Vegas Bound: First Emergency who starts from Box 1. No best time. Ran third in heat with time of 42.32. First split of 16.21. One from one this draw. Wide runner and five of career wins Boxes 5-8.
10. Bells are Ringin: Second Emergency. No best time. Third place finish in heat with a time of 42.41. Recent Group 1 Sandown Cup Winner. Nine of 16 career wins from Boxes 1-3.
BACK (WIN) Dublin Bull (5) > $4.20 for 3 units
BACK (WIN) Ring The Bell (8) > $5.50 for 1 unit