Track Surface: All Weather
There IS a sprint lane.
R10 The Breeders NZ Oaks Group 1 – 2600m Mobile Start
2015 – Fight For Glory
2014 – Ideal Belle
2013 – Adore Me
2012 – Cheer The Lady
2011 – Carabella
Golden Goddess looks like an easy leader early and it will be a matter of which of the stablemates comes first, Piccadilly Princess or Dream About Me. The Goddess handed up to Dream About Me last time and over the longer journey you would imagine something similar happening again.
1. Amazon Lily: Started favourite outside of the All Stars triplets last week in the Nevele R Fillies (Group 1) off a bad barrier. Back to the inside draw here looks like she will get a soft run behind Golden Goddess.
2. Golden Goddess: The only horse to ever beat Dream About Me and that was two starts ago when the stablemate was first up. Remarkably started a short priced favourite last week when she handed up to Dream About Me and couldn’t run her down in the lane. Expect something similar here – clear second pick.
7. Luisanabella Midfrew: Started fifth favourite last week when a good fifth from Barrier 14. Will have to do work again but is a contender for the thinner end of the place chances.
8. Nek Time: Won the Southland Oaks (Group 2) last time minus the ‘big guns’. Still beat some nice fillies and despite the horror draw could sneak into the placings.
12. Piccadilly Princess: Super filly who despite winning the VIC Oaks from a horror draw looks to be only the third pick here from the All Stars Stable. Did a ton of work last week but still battled away for third a little over three lengths behind the winner. Has the ability to test the more fancied stablemates.
13. Dream About Me: Awesome filly who has won 13/14 – the only demise at the hands of Golden Goddess when first up from a break. Dominated last week when she took the lead and was never in doubt. Mark Purdon elects to drive her and I can see him surging forward early and again proving too good.