Champagne Stakes tips and betting strategy are online now. Preview, speed map, race analysis, racing tips & betting strategy for the Champagne Stakes at Royal Randwick with Dean Evans of Winning Edge Investments. Tips and full in-depth preview and analysis of each race and betting strategy are online now! Only on the Betfair Hub.
Click here to head to the Champagne Stakes market on the Betfair Exchange.
Track: Royal Randwick | Distance: 1600m | Type: G1 SW 2YO | Rail Position: +8m Entire | Condition: Soft 7 | Prizemoney: $500,000
Minimal rain forecast for the rest of the week, so the track should play well and give every runner their chance.
G1 for the 2yos over the mile. Recent winners include Pierro, Guelph, Prized Icon, Castelvecchio & Captivant.
Historical Profiling: Trends from Last 10 Years
• 3rd up (2), 4th up (3), 5th up (3), 6th up (2)
• 7-day break (1), 12-day break (1), 14-day break (8)
• Settled 1st-2nd (2), Settled 3rd-8th (5), Settled 10th-12th (2)
• Fillies (4), Colts (6)
• Career Starts 3-7 (10)
• G1 Sires Produce is the key leadup, with 8 of the past 10 winners coming out of the Sires Produce
SPEED MAP RACING TIPS
Slow tempo expected here. She’s Extreme could well bowl along in front and again will give Fireburn something to catch. Wealthy Investor may push forward. The rest naturally get back, but it will be a race of tactics with the small field and minimal early speed.
Play Your Way on the the Champagne Stakes with Betfair. Click the banner above to get started!
CHAMPAGNE STAKES | KEY RUNNERS + RACING TIPS
1. Let’srollthedice – Won first 2 starts including the G2 Sires Produce and then a solid but distant 3rd in the G1 Sires. Rough hope
2. Williamsburg – Has won the Baillieu and the Fernhill past two starts with strong closing sectionals carrying big weights. Can figure here
5. Fireburn – Had strong wins over Revolutionary Miss & She’s Extreme before a dominant win in the Golden Slipper and then impressive again winning the Sires Produce. Going for the Triple Crown here.
6. She’s Extreme – Ran 2nd to Fireburn in the Sweet Embrace and then sectionals were good in Magic Night win. Awful ride by B Prebble in the Slipper which was a total forgive. Good 2nd last start in the Sires Produce. Is the key danger to Fireburn.
Fireburn the obvious one to beat as she goes for the Triple Crown. She’s Extreme has been excellent all prep and looks the obvious danger. Williamsburg brings the different formline and impressed winning the Fernhill with 59kg. Backing She’s Extreme at the price and saving on Fireburn.
DEAN EVANS’ TOP 5 SELECTIONS
5 – Fireburn
6 – She’s Extreme
2 – Williamsburg
1 – Let’srollthedice
3 – Counttheheadlights
CHAMPAGNE STAKES | BETTING STRATEGY
BACK (WIN) — She’s Extreme for 1 unit
BACK (WIN) — Fireburn for 1 unit
Units Outlayed: 294.9
Units Returned: 310.1
Profit On Turnover: 5.2%