Racing tips and betting strategy for Saturday’s Group 1 Australian Cup are online now. Preview, speed map, race analysis, racing tips & betting strategy for the Australian Cup at Flemington with Dean Evans of Winning Edge Investments.
Racing tips and full in-depth preview and analysis of each race and betting strategy are online now! Only on the Betfair Hub.
Track: Flemington | Distance: 2000m | Condition: WFA | Rail Position: +5m | Condition: Good 4 | Prizemoney: $1,500,000
No rain forecast for Thursday to Saturday, so the track should race perfectly.
G1 WFA won in recent years by Homesman, Fifty Stars, Harlem, Humidor, Preferment, Awesome Rock, Fiorente & Manighar.
Historical Profiling (last 11 years):
- 2nd up (3), 3rd up (7), 4th up (1)
- 7-day break (1), 14-day break (10)
- Settled 1st-6th (6), Settled 9th-12th (4)
- 3yo (1 from 4 starters), 4yo (3 from 28), 5yo (2 from 33), 6yo (3 from 26), 7yo (2 from 18)
- Colt (0 from 2), Gelding (6 from 64), Entire (5 from 43), Mare (0 from 15)
- SP $1.90 (1), $4.20 to $7 (5), $13 (1), $26-$61 (4)
- Weight 54.5kg (1), 59.0kg (10)
- Career Starts 8-19 (6), 21-28 (5)
- Never raced at Flemington (0 from 11 starters)
- Last Start Caulfield G2 (9)
SPEED MAP RACING TIPS
Average speed expected. Callsign Mav, Delphi, Steel Prince, Maximal will push forward. Yonkers & Think It Over settle midfield. Spanish Mission, She’s Ideel, Cascadian worse than midfield. Duais, Surprise Baby & Ho Ho Khan out the back.
AUSTRALIAN CUP | KEY RUNNERS + RACING TIPS
1. Cascadian – Won the key leadup for this race, the Peter Young Stakes, and was 2nd in the Mackinnon this track/distance to Zaaki last prep. Racing in career best form and profiles perfectly.
2. Think It Over – Won 4 in a row and then a good 4th last start in unsuitable wet conditions. Back to dry and rates highly here.
3. Spanish Mission – Class runner who closed well first up in the Carlyon Cup. Rates well here.
7. Yonkers – Doesn’t have the class of others but profiles well enough with his 2nd in the key lead up last start.
8. Callsign Mav – A mile his preferred distance but sticks on well and should be in it a long way.
9. Delphi – Was disappointing first up, but will strip much fitter here.
11. She’s Ideel – Good 2nd behind Verry Elleegant last start. Place chance.
12. Duais – Hit the line well last start. Place chance.
Final track conditions and how the track is playing from a bias perspective will be critical.
TOP 5 SELECTIONS
1 – Cascadian
3 – Spanish Mission
2 – Think It Over
7 – Yonkers
8 – Callsign Mav
AUSTRALIAN CUP | BETTING STRATEGY
BACK (WIN) — Cascadian for 1 unit
BACK (WIN) — Spanish Mission for 0.7 units
BACK (WIN) — Yonkers for 0.3 units
Units Outlayed: 244.9
Units Returned: 276.3
Profit On Turnover: 12.8%